Page Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Size

I'm somewhat confused as far as the optimum page size. When I preview a page which is set @ 800px wide in the default browser, it is located to the left. This leaves a large blank area to the right. I don't want a page you have to scroll left to right to see it all. Is 800 a good setting for the width?

Thanks--Ric

Re: Page Size

to be perfectly safe - 800 is it, but nearly 80%(so they say) uses the 1024 x 768 resolution. in fact, i'm finding more are using higher than 1024. personally if you can fit your website in the 800, that would be great. if you need to go a little wider, i would not exceed 1000. remember the wider your page the smaller the border is on each side. now if your site is not in the middle then you have to go to page properties and click on the box that will center in browser. hope you have some fun.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

This might give you an idea.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
        to be perfectly safe - 800 is it, but nearly 80%(so they say) uses the 1024 x 768 resolution. in fact, i'm finding more are using higher than 1024.
        May I ask if you know how many % of people uses IE, FF, Chrome or others?
        I set my page width 950 but the "Search field / box" at Chrome appears so small than the other two.
        My screen resolution is 1024 X 768.
        Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X