How to set an automated POP UP on my home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set an automated POP UP on my home page

Hi, i have a question to ask and hope to receive an helping answer?
    I am building my new web site, which is a business service site.
    But i have a time set special offer to get people's attention with, so i wanted to know,

Is there a way that i can set a certain POP UP on my home page, for it to pop up as soon as someone opens my home page to get their attention and giving them the chance to close it if there not interest. You know what i mean?

Could some one help me with this question
    and explain to mo how to do it.
    Thanks

contact me at info@careandlovecanines.com
    www.careandlovecanines.com

Re: How to set an automated POP UP on my home page

Hi

Pop-ups is probably not the best option for this. Most users set their browsers to detect and stop pop-ups. They are annoying when used to death. They were also associated with malwares and nasties. Perhaps a big yellow box in the centre of your page is better. Something that can be me invisible when visitor clicks a button. Sorry for not asnwering your question.

Millie
    Millie
    www.subeagle.com

Comment

This one may work for you, but wouldn't recommend pop ups. (Nice looking site)
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by stdange View Post
        Hi, i have a question to ask and hope to receive an helping answer?
        I am building my new web site, which is a business service site.
        But i have a time set special offer to get people's attention with, so i wanted to know,

Is there a way that i can set a certain POP UP on my home page, for it to pop up as soon as someone opens my home page to get their attention and giving them the chance to close it if there not interest. You know what i mean?

Could some one help me with this question
        and explain to mo how to do it.
        Thanks

contact me at info@careandlovecanines.com
        www.careandlovecanines.com

Hi:

Take a look at this page:

The large image that appears over the text can be hidden by hovering the mouse over the text box "Ocultar Imagen Ampliada". Afterwards, that image can be displayed and hidden by hovering the mouse over and out of the text box "Ampliar Imagen".
        If this effect is what you are looking for, I will glad to explain you how I did it.

German
        German
        www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Hi German

that is cool. I am interested to know how you did that. I am currently looking for a way to make something visible/invisible.

Cheers
          Millie
          www.subeagle.com

Comment

Originally posted by millie View Post
            Hi German

that is cool. I am interested to know how you did that. I am currently looking for a way to make something visible/invisible.

Cheers
            Hello Millie

I was out of town yesterday so I could not reply before.

The trick is using Events within BlueVoda. You have to decide first if you want the image goes forever or be there for being shown again some time later. I mean, during this visit, as the image will pop up every time the page is opened.

To put a picture that should vanish, follow the following steps:

01) Create the image you wish to be shown and later vanished. It has to be an image (I did not find yet a way to do the same with other elements)
            02) Prepare your page as usual, inserting all the elements of it.
            03) Insert the image at the position yo want it to appear. It is better to do this as the last operation.
            04) Right click on the image and go to "Properties"
            05) Open the tab "Events"
            06) Add an event
            07) In the screen "Add event", choose "OnMouseOver" for Event and "Hide" for Action.
            0 In the same screen open "Target". You will be shown a list with the elements of your page.
            09) Look for "Image...". If the vanishing image was inserted last, it should be listed with the highest number. Choose it and accept.
            10) Test the page. The image should vanish as soon as the mouse pointer touch it.

If the image is to disappear after being displayed once, you would need to put some clue on the image that will advise the visitor that hovering the mouse over the image will remove it. It could be a text like "Click to close" or the typical X-box. Actually, none of them will close the image. It will be vanished when the mouse touch the image, anywhere of it.

If you want the image appears and disappears as the visitor wishes (like in my page) the way I found was to insert 2 separate shapes over text boxes with instructions. I had to use shapes as the text box itself does not allow events. These shapes are transparent and placed above the texts. One shape/text-box combination is used for the initial vanishing and the second for showing/hidding the image.

The first shape would have one event, "Hide" the image, as explained above. You may even add additional events to hide the shape and the text box at the same time, if you wish, as they will no longer be used. Just remember that the events are associated here to the shape, not to the elements to be hidden.
            The second would have 2 events, one for showing the image when the mouse hovers over and one for hidding it when the mouse hovers out. No click of the mouse is needed for the events to happen.

Depending on the order it which you inserted your images, text boxes and shapes, hovering the mouse over and out may produce unexpected effects. If the hidden image is not the one you wanted, try using another Image No., until you find the correct one.

I hope this helps you.

-------------
            German

PS Honestly, I would have preferred my page did not show the enlarged image right at its opening but only when the visitors called for, using the appropiate button. I did not find how to do it, at least for the time being. If somebody has suggestions, I would be glad to try them.
            Last edited by germansin; 12-30-2009, 08:47 PM. Reason: Correct a typing mistake and missing words
            German
            www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Great stuff German

I will try them and let you know if I understood correctly. Thank you very much and a happy new year to you.
              Millie
              www.subeagle.com

Comment

Working...
              X