ideas please on a page full of films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas please on a page full of films

Merry Xmas to all. May we all have a great new year.

I am stumped. I want to create a page with about 25-35 golf animations. I have them on .avi and .mp4 now. I want to give visitors the option of viewing them or downloading them. When I added movie players for each film onto the page, the page got very heavy and takes a while to load. To get around the heavy page, I am thinking of:

1. Creating a list of icons and descriptions that can be selected, then displaying a player and showing the film. Which means 1 player on the page instead of a player for each. I am unable to find anything on how to do this.

2. drastically reduce the size of each film so I can still have a player for each. Although I doubt if I can reduce it enough so the page loads as fast as my other pages. I do not have a clue on how to drastically reduce the size of a film

Will appreciate any idea (with links to how to implement them please).

My test page is http://subeagle.com/social-golf-rules-of-golf.php.

Thanks for your help

Millie
    Millie
    www.subeagle.com

Re: ideas please on a page full of films

Might be best using an inline frame for this type of page with a list of films & have them linked to open in the in-line frame. You will have to make up a separate page for each film.
    If you can? change the films to flash to reduce the KB's to help with loading.
    Bit like this one of Navals, but with video instead of music.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you Collectors-Info

I understand what you mean, and it sounds good. I think I will ask why you recommend a separate page for each film. Naval's page had one player that plays the music selected from the in-line frame. That will be what I would like to do. One movie player that will play the film selected from linked elements (button, text, image). I can imagine that this was done by code?

Thanks again and I shall play around with this.

Millie
      Millie
      www.subeagle.com

Comment

On Navals music player, each time you click a new music track, it calls up a new page to appear in the in-line frame. Its a quick & simple alternative. Once you have made up the pages for each movie, you can call it up to any page on your site this way.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Now I understand. I tried it and managed to get a page in an iframe (page with one window player located in the upper left most corner of the page, the film is hard-coded in the player). Problem is, the tutorial only showed how to hard-code a page. Can you direct me to where I can find how to call up a new page into the iframe?

Thank you very much

Millie
          Millie
          www.subeagle.com

Comment

This might help on one i made up for images with a little instruction. Just replace the image pages with your movie page.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Great stuff

Thank you very much. This is ideal to what I would like to do.

Millie
              Millie
              www.subeagle.com

Comment

Hi there

The answers above did the trick for what I wanted to do. What I did was (still finalising the page, so I am unable to provide a link):

1. started a new page (this is to hold the movie), 1 page per movie
                2. added an html box in the upper left corner
                3. embeded a youtube in the box
                4. named and published the page

In the page that I would like the visitors to see, I:
                1. added an inline frame
                2. named the frame fr1
                3. linked a text to the movie page (the one that I created above)
                4. set the target of the link to fr1
                5. pulished this page

What it does is, when the linked text is selected, the movie plays on the inline frame.

I am in the process of improving the concept before creating and/or redoing my other pages.

Thanks Chris & silent Naval
                Millie
                www.subeagle.com

Comment

Working...
                X