Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotate a "shape" from toolbar

Hello:

I've read all the previous posts about rotating shapes and .jpg's but none of them really address the issue I'm having. They all say stuff like use a third party software or change the shape from the dropdown list.

My question is about inserting a "shape" from the toolbar and its NOT one that has various choices from the dropdown list. I.e. up, down, right etc. Now, I really need the shape to rotate, or the text on top of the shape. Either way, I would appreciate the shape rotating and/or the text. Is there any way to do this in BV? If not, can you implement this in a patch/upgrade? An idea that comes to mind is perhaps a rotate, skew etc. option for each shape in the "properties" box, or even a right click on the shape option. Something to make changes to the made from scratch shapes. I know there is options for .jpg's, bmp's etc. But nothing for shapes.

P.S. I've even gone as far as puting the shape on the page and then going into the preview browser and trying to "save as" and saving it to my HD. This didn't work either. All is get when I save it is a small square called trans.gif.

By the way, I use paint.net for editing most of my pics, but I like to create them in BV because it has great image/shape creating tools. I simply need them NOW to be customizable as far as rotating.

Thanks in advance, in Christ, Shawn
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. John 14:6
    www.preaching-truth.com

Re: Rotate a "shape" from toolbar

You are talking about animation? You will need a 3D software.

Simple changeover try out the "AD Rotator in BlueVoda"
    It is on the left toolbar.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hello:

Thanks for the reply, but no I'm not looking for animation.

I'm only looking for a simple way to rotate the "Shape" or "text on my shape" just this once, and then leave it alone. Nothing more. All I want is to have the "shape" or "text" at an angle so the top of it is pointing at 10:00 o clock. Something rotating would do.

Thanks again.

in Christ, Shawn
      www.preaching-truth.com

Comment

Use a photo editor and free rotate your photo image to 10 o'clock.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hello zuriatman:

Use a photo editor and free rotate your photo image to 10 o'clock.
          These are the posts that I was talking about reading in the forum that don't answer my question.

The problem is that I created the "Shape" in BV, and it's not a seperate .jpg or other picture file. It's a BV file created in BV, and in BV is the only way to modify it. Are you following me? Yeah sure I could find pictures and edit them and then import them, but I want to create them inside BV because I like the software's ability to create buttons and shapes. All it needs are tools to modify them a little more. So my question is how can I do it? Unless BV gives me the option of exporting any created Shape, button or otherwise; then I could use a third party photo editor to modify it. Great! No Problem!

But as far as I know this isn't the case. BV allows you to change text font, and size and color and all other kinds of features. But as far as I can tell there is not an editor for anything you create "INSIDE" of BV, just imported .jpg's etc. I hope THIS clarifies my question better.

Thanks again, Shawn
          www.preaching-truth.com

Comment

Take a screen shot of your finished BV image & then use a photo editing software to rotate it.
            BV hasn't got this facility built in, although it would be nice if it did.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'll try that.

In Christ, Shawn
              www.preaching-truth.com

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                Take a screen shot of your finished BV image & then use a photo editing software to rotate it.
                BV hasn't got this facility built in, although it would be nice if it did.
                smart solution

Comment

Originally posted by Judahpeter View Post
                  Hello zuriatman:

These are the posts that I was talking about reading in the forum that don't answer my question.

The problem is that I created the "Shape" in BV, and it's not a seperate .jpg or other picture file. It's a BV file created in BV, and in BV is the only way to modify it. Are you following me? Yeah sure I could find pictures and edit them and then import them, but I want to create them inside BV because I like the software's ability to create buttons and shapes. All it needs are tools to modify them a little more. So my question is how can I do it? Unless BV gives me the option of exporting any created Shape, button or otherwise; then I could use a third party photo editor to modify it. Great! No Problem!

But as far as I know this isn't the case. BV allows you to change text font, and size and color and all other kinds of features. But as far as I can tell there is not an editor for anything you create "INSIDE" of BV, just imported .jpg's etc. I hope THIS clarifies my question better.

Thanks again, Shawn
                  Use your common sense and screen capture the image of the BV page size and place it in your photoeditor.

You sarcastic remark about people not reading the questions right is uncalled for.

We read the question right only you are in a narrow bandwith and has no imagination at all.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  State of Johor.

Comment

Zuriatman:

Sorry, I meant no offense to you. And, I wasn't being sarcastic, only speaking the truth.

Here’s why: maybe what you didn't realize is that prior to asking this question, I read a lot of other posts about this very issue, and understood what they were asking. But all I saw were the same repetitive answers that didn't solve the problem. So, I did my best to make it clear the "first" time I addressed this matter as to avoid any chance of misunderstandings from the get-go from the helpful people on here.

So, what I said after the second attempt at answering my question, sparked that response because I saw a pattern developing that I saw in the other posts that were related. Once again, no offense meant.

On another matter. You don't need to be so rigid with me just because I am a new comer to Voda Host. I have been on many forums in my life and I'm educated. I may "look" like a newbie to you with your "stars" and all, but I'm well seasoned, despite the "Corporal."

That said: I wish Bluevoda would just implement the adjustments necessary for this matter of rotating "shapes," into the software. BECAUSE, I don't know if making a screen shot of my page is ALWAYS going to work. I have a gradient background and you can tell if you paste an image that has been copied, edited and then re-pasted. What's the matter with adding this ability to the program?

In Christ, Shawn
                    www.preaching-truth.com

Comment

Working...
                    X