newbie needs some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie needs some help

hello all. i've just started developing my site. i don't have a domain name yet and i'm concentrating on getting the format together first before i publish. i've designed a few pages with sliding menu bars. i don't know how to physically link my pages together via the menu bar. ie when you click on the menu bar it sends you to that page. i probably being dumb. please could someone help? thanks.

Re: newbie needs some help

This area will have some help depending on the menu being used. But your sites pages wont link until you have published & live on the web. (You can link to pages that are already live & out there)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: newbie needs some help

Just to reiterate - please look at the tutorials - I had a similar problem when 1st starting - you can only preview one page at a time - this was hard for me to understand in the beggining i.e you cannot test the total functionality until you have published ( you will need to purchase a domain name and you MUST host with blue voda - whose prices are very reasonable in my case ) - you also need to make sure that you enter the URL for each menu item from your main ( index ) page - you're not being dumb friend, just need to drill down through ALL the tutorials - I began as knowing NOTHING about web design and it is amazing how easy it starts to become - keep going - and don't hesitate to ask questions and be specific - take a look at my site www.lonelyobject.com it is only in baby stages but I have managed to get it working as I want to some degree - the refining will just take time and I have much to learn - good luck and stay positive :)
      Cheers Mark

Comment

Working...
      X