Publishing difficulties for a novice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing difficulties for a novice!

Hi, very new to web building. I am building a web site for property rentals etc (www.arpropertyrentals.com). I have a home page with 5 linked pages for services, contact details and info… I am also creating separate pages for each property (some 160 pages eventually) and linking the pages via search buttons etc. I am also attempting to run the site in spanish and intend to run the spanish part of the site in parallel with the english version. The english front page being the site access page linking to a spanish front page. The property pages in spanish will then link to the spanish front page. No problem so far (I think)!! Now the problems start. I have published some of the pages and notice that some pictures on the property pages are appearing on the wrong pages. I have re asaved the pages and re published them again and all seems ok until I start moving between pages when it occurs again. I have been trying to get my head round it looking into the coding without too much success. In addition (if you’re still reading!) I notice that the only spanish page published so far(front page) seems to be corrupting the english front page and vice versa. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Publishing difficulties for a novice!

i went through your site and do not see any problems that you descibed above. the only problem that i have is that i cannot see the spanish link.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Tks MrMcgoo, If you look at R210LT in the drop down menu for 'find a property' you will get a page that is correct, if you then select R157LT you will get a page that is ok but for the main picture which is the same as R210LT. If I delete and republish R157LT it will show ok but the main pic in R210LT will become the same as R157LT. This has also happened with other pages I have published as well. I noticed when looking at the html in cpanel edit that the pictures have been given a bv number, for instance bv01129.png and that same number appears on both files. There seems to be some sort of cross contamination. The spanish front page can be accessed through the flag top right. The wording on the english front page for short and long term is showing in spanish! Sometimes the mouseover wording changes between languages. Hope this makes sense and tks again for taking the time to help.

Comment

Each picture will have to have a unique name. Ideally, no spaces or uppercase letters.
        Copying/Pasteing from one page to another can cause your problem.
        I'm not sure how you are inserting a photo that has a bv.xxxx.png?
        To solve this in your BV web builder:
        Tools/Options/Publish/ and then check the box for: Use page name for image prefix
        That should fix things for you.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
          Each picture will have to have a unique name. Ideally, no spaces or uppercase letters.
          Copying/Pasteing from one page to another can cause your problem.
          I'm not sure how you are inserting a photo that has a bv.xxxx.png?
          To solve this in your BV web builder:
          Tools/Options/Publish/ and then check the box for: Use page name for image prefix
          That should fix things for you.
          Thanks! I tried the BV web builder option it didn't work, lost all my buttons and link icons. Just so you understand I didn't use bv numbering, that was generated by the programme I only found out about it during my investigation of the problem. I now seem to have solved the picture issue because as you suggested copying and pasting seemed to be the problem. I still do not have any idea why the spanish front page is corrupting the english front page though, I'm guessing that too could be a copy/paste issue. I'll try and sort it with that in mind. Thanks again

Comment

Robbie,
            It appears as if you have resolved your problems. Good luck with you site.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
              Robbie,
              It appears as if you have resolved your problems. Good luck with you site.
              Thanks Terry for your help`.

Comment

Working...
              X