Page Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Properties

When I opened the page properties it was completely different to the one that is shown in the tutorials it has confused me

Re: Page Properties

...could be you have the latest BV...the tutorials were made based on an earlier version. What did you want to do specifically?
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

First of all I am a novice to all this web publishing,I wanted to put a background colour on my page

Comment

The tutorials here are really worthwhile spending time on. You will find the answers to most of your early building questions in them....especially regarding linking etc. Please invest some time in reading/watching them.
        For now, re. background -
        right click on an empty part of your page
        click page properties
        click formatting

here you set whatever colour you like as a background.
        have fun,
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

OK I'm a real novice at computors, so having a go at a web page is a real up-hill challenge!
          Iv'e created an index page titled "index.byp" and also created other pages to be included in my web site, in the page properties box I have left the page settings at W/899 & H/600 & checked the box for centered.
          I have downloaded a template for the pages & entered a domain name within the template area, everythiong looks OK, however when I click preview the template is dis-jointed & slightly off the top of the page & the domain name is split within the template area, but when I zoom in everythings OK: question:- is this going to be a problem later in the finished article?
          Answers in layman's terms please!!

Comment

This might help!
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks a lot this was a great help, Iv'e set the pages at W/985 & H/785 respectively & have made sure to stay within the borders, however when previewed the top of the template is still partly off the page & on the right hand side I lose part of my images, but when I zoom in the page appears fine, is this going to be fine in the published article or will I have a problem on the horizon?

Comment

Hello from "no idea" again, I think you'll be hearing a lot from me over the next few day's/weeks, so please be patient, I'm by no means a computor whizz & this is my first attempt at a web page.
                At the moment I'm bouncing around from page to page filing in info/images as they become available, I'm on my "contact page" at this moment in time.
                Question:
                1) I understand when I open an account I will hopefully be able to register my chosen domain name ie "http:/www.mycompany.com" which will also enable me to publish & view my web page on line.
                2) On my contact page I have edited a form from form wizard, how do I create/register an email address so I can receive form submissions, ie http://wwwinfo@mycompany.com
                Any help is welcome.

Comment

You cant test things like forms & links until you have an account & are live on line.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                  X