security or script issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security or script issue

I built a webpage that includes a menu strip and it causes a yellow bar security prompt to appear at the top of the browser window complaining about scripts or ActiveX controls when I preview it. It blocks the menu strip until I override this by choosing Run Content.

If this is going to be seen by my customers this will not work for me. Is there something I need to do to make it work without the security prompt? I need the website to work without customers needing to adjust their security settings so I am rather concerned by this problem.

Please advise.

Re: security or script issue

When you publish your site this issue won't occur. Only happens when you preview.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: security or script issue

Yes
      Also the script or my menu bar will not a pear untill I give the ok.
      when I click on the yellow bar to where it sais information bar help It tells me this.
      To stop the information bar from blocking file and software downloads
      1. <LI class=step>[IMG]mshelp://help/?id=Microsoft.Windows.Resources.ShellExecuteTopicI con[/IMG]Click to open Internet Explorer.
        <LI class=step>Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
        <LI class=step>Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.
        <LI class=step>Do one or both of the following:
        • <LI class=listItem>To turn off the Information bar for ActiveX controls, scroll to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.
        • To turn off the Information bar for file downloads, scroll to the Downloads section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.
      2. Click OK, click Yes to confirm that you want to make the change, and then click OK again.

Comment

Working...
      X