X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I have my pages open in the same page

Domain name = bluestarsteamcleaning.com
    Account ID = 38730

My question is: How do I set up my site so that when someone clicks on a link to another page it opens in the same page rather than a new separate page? Right now the user will have a stack of separate pages one on the other when they click the menu bar links to move from page to page.
    I would prefer that they just have the new window open within the previous window space.
    Did I write that such that it makes sense?
    I'm VERY new at this and need a lot of help.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

~ Al ~

Re: How do I have my pages open in the same page

just choose self instead of blank as the target and it will open in the same window. in fact if you do not choose anything, i believe it defaults to self. i dont take a chance and choose self.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you!
      I'm not sure if it's something that I did when I created my pages. But, in order to make the change work I had to go to every page in the BV site builder and change the menu link to have the "self" configuration on the link tab within the properties menu.
      Tedious but effective!
      Thanks again for the tip.

~ Al ~

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
        just choose self instead of blank as the target and it will open in the same window. in fact if you do not choose anything, i believe it defaults to self. i dont take a chance and choose self.
        Yup, I always just leave the 'target' box empty.....works every time!
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hi abeausey. You do not have to choose 'self'. Don't bother choosing any selection and it will default to self. You will want to choose 'blank' when you are linking to an outside source. ie: someone elses web site. That way, your site is still open in the background for the surfer to return to.
          The Female Zone

Comment

You also have to optimize your browser "Tab Browsing" to open in same windoww.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
              You also have to optimize your browser "Tab Browsing" to open in same windoww.

?????
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                ?????

??????????????????......

Check or uncheck.

www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                  ??????????????????......

Check or uncheck.

This is just confusing the issue and has nothing to do with the original problem this guy asked.
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

i think the BV builder tutorial video for linking pages has a "bug", right in there where it tells you to choose blank, it should tell you rather to leave at alone instead.....

got a question though, does anyone know what needs to be done first, the pages creating or the links creating?

Comment

There is no bug. The tutorial mentions" Select _blank if you want to open the page in a new window".

A forum search would also have got you the answer as this has been answered many times.

Page creating or page linking first: not important as long as you have defined (and will not change them) your page names.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                      X