Setting pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting pages

This is probably a really simple problem, I've probably just overlooked something...

Anyway, I've been using BlueVoda to build my site, I just uploaded the homepage a few minutes ago. It's uploaded and in my File Manager.
    However, it isn't set as my homepage. This makes sense, I can't really expect it to know what I want each upload to be, however I don't know how to set it as the homepage for my site.
    Any links to tutorials or just help in general would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Setting pages

The first page of every website must be saved as, & published as "index" - nothing else! no Capitals etc.
    If you choose to title it as "Home" or whatever, that's fine, but the 1st. page must always be published as 'index'.
    By the way, it's only necesary to hit the "publish" button, when ready, to get pages on the web.

hope this helps,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

OK, I've done that and the homepage is now up, but what do I do next? I've got two other pages to post, what do I need to publish them under?

Comment

after the index page, you might have about us, products and so on. so just publish them as you publish the index page.

Comment

Yes, but say I publish a page that is titled "About Us" on my computer, where will it appear on the site? .com/aboutus ?

Comment

"About Us" , "Products" first will appear in your index / home page.
            When click at "About Us" then will bring us to see "About Us" page and
            click at "Products" then will bring us to see "Products " page.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand. The homepage, which I uploaded as index displays when I just go the URL, the .com . When I upload another page, it should be .com/something, right? But what will it default to? The name of the file I uploaded (such as .com/about), or something else?

Comment

what is your URL.
                if you save the other page as aboutus, it will be
                yourdomain.com/aboutus.html or
                yourdomain.com/aboutus.php

don't worry! just try to publish the other page, then you will see how it comes out.

Comment

Alright, thanks a lot. I think I get it now.

Comment

...the tutorials really are a big help when getting started. Why don't you invest a little time & check them out? You'll probably save more time in the long run.............beginning here for example
                    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Oh yeah, the tutorials are great. However in this case the ones I watched didn't help.

Comment

You should really watch them all and that will help with anything you need to do.
                        Redmond
                        http://www.safersecurityproducts.com

Comment

Working...
                        X