Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing *.psd files to BV

Hello guys.

I am about to create a template for my website using Photoshop and i would like to import this template into BV so i can work on it. Is it possible to import *.psd files to BV and if yes, how can i do that?
    If no, can someone include this option in the next version of BV?;)

Thank you

Re: Importing *.psd files to BV

No BV does not accept .pdf file extensions.

You will need a pdf software to edit after which you can use the BV FTP to upload to your public_html or folder.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

ZMan,
      He mentioned psd not pdf....;>)
      I don't think that psd files can be imported thru the image function. Generally, they are huge files.
      A "Saved for the Web" jpeg would be much better.
      How were you going to "Work on it in BV?"
      BV provides minimal image editing capabilities. All of the editing should be done in your PhotoShop and then "Saved for the Web" to reduce the electronic file size.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

What i don't like is that when you have a template in jpg or gif or any other image format anyway and you use it in BV, when you publish the website you can see that the whole website is treated as being an image. What i mean is that if you right click anywhere on the website it gives you the option to save the background as an image and i don't really like that. Especially in browsers like Opera this issue is more obvious.

So that's why i don't like using images as background...

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
          No BV does not accept .pdf file extensions.

You will need a pdf software to edit after which you can use the BV FTP to upload to your public_html or folder.

Sorry my mistake. As Carbon Terry said BV recognises only .gif,.png and .jpg.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

it recognizes many extensions, like .bmp, .gif, jpg, jpeg, png and i believe 2 more so jst convert psd to one of the extensions above, jst don't use gif cuz u lose graphics from it
            Check out:
            Great Windmill (A Place Where You Can Have Fun!)

You can do so much on the website, check it out!

Comment

Working...
            X