Iframe ( inline frames ) for dummies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iframe ( inline frames ) for dummies?

I have been struggling with the inline frame. It looks like a better solution for me as opposed to lightbox which I currently use.
    I have made one as per the tutorial but cannot get it to work, I think what I am missing is something basic i.e
    1 : I make the inline frame by clicking on the left tool bar and then add the frame, size it.
    2 : I add an image to the frame by adding add picture and cropping it as required. This is where I am uncertain as to what I should name the image ? please clarify
    3 : I add thumbnail images and arrange as I like - all saved differently to their main counterparts i.e I have made a small and large version of the images I want to use,and saved them with different names.
    4 : I uploaded the main images to the image folder in the public.html folder on my site via the file manager function in my control panel, these images are there, I have checked them - they are named as imagename.jpg - do they have to be saved differently ?
    Please help if you can.
    www.lonelyobject.com

Regards
    m

Re: Iframe ( inline frames ) for dummies?

OK, this is what I do:
    open the iframe from the icon in the left tool bar
    size it to what you like (I use 400 x 400)
    position it to where you want
    double click it & give it a name eg "if1"
    give it a url (at this point I open a new page insert a pre-sized [400 x 400] image, name the page, save & publish & use this as the url for the iframe)

Now for the images/thumbs etc:
    using PIXresizer I make 2 images - 1: 100 x 100 & 1: 400 x 400
    the thumb is placed on the same page as the iframe
    open a new page
    insert the 400 x 400 image at the top left corner of page
    name it - save & publish
    back to thumb: right click, link, in url type
    http://www.yourdomain.com/nameof400x400page.html
    in target typeiframe name eg. if1

if you now preview you should see the iframe with the 1st image inside & when you click on the thumb it should appear in the iframe

hope this helps,

here's an example of what I did
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Re: Iframe ( inline frames ) for dummies?

Many, Many Thanks David

Got it working :)

Just have to play around now and work out how to hide the frame and reposition and resize to make it smoother - pls have a look http://www.lonelyobject.com/inlineframe2.html

and thank you again for taking the time to explain it as you did - exactly what I needed to understand.

Kind regards
      m

Comment

Working...
      X