Wrap a header and a footer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrap a header and a footer

Hello, I searched through the posts but never found anything that helped me. I am re-working a website I designed building from the center and want to start over building from the left.

How do I wrap my header and footer to stretch across the top and bottom of the page?

Here's a link to the current site so you can get an idea of what I want it to look like after re-working from the left side.

Some things are out of place and I need to change the text on some pages to a friendly font...I also need to resize some images so forgive me for the slop I'm learning.

Thanks,

David.

Re: Wrap a header and a footer

I think I posted this in the wrong section, could someone move it to the general issues/site builder/adding elements section please?

sorry bout that

Thanks.

Comment

You insert a background image, a vertical slice, the length of your page. Heres an example Look left and you will see a thin sliver (1 pixel wide in this case). Here is the result (test page)
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

BV doesn't support floating divs. Being WYSIWYG whatever you pit in your page will be seen the same way.

You will have to script the header and the footer using <div>s or tables and assigning them &#37; (in your case, 100%) width.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          BV doesn't support floating divs. Being WYSIWYG whatever you pit in your page will be seen the same way.

You will have to script the header and the footer using <div>s or tables and assigning them % (in your case, 100%) width.
          Thanks, could you explain this in more detail? I don't know anything about scripts and html code that's why I like the WYSIWYG BV software. I can follow instructions pretty good if they are presented in layman terms and detailed.

For example what is the exact code that I use and where exactly do I put them? I know how to edit the code in BV but I need the correct code and where to place it.

Thanks,

David.

Comment

I'm afraid it is not that simple. With the method described, your header and footer must be handcoded case by case in the tables or divs i mentioned. The code depends on WHAT must be in these elements. Also, if any images are present, they must be uploaded on the server separately.

You would probably need a a HTML editor to do this, it can't be done in BV.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

dj rocker. Naval Design is spot on but having looked at your site, my suggestion would ideal for your purpose. The background image would repeat itself according the size of the monitor your site is being viewed on.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
                dj rocker. Naval Design is spot on but having looked at your site, my suggestion would ideal for your purpose. The background image would repeat itself according the size of the monitor your site is being viewed on.
                I tried your suggestion, but when I preview in my browser the image appears the same size as in the BV builder page. It does not repeat it's self. Are you using Blue Voda software?

Pretty neat how you built that whole site out of that one thin vertical slice...I really want to know how you did that ;) ;)

Comment

In BV, Right Click an empty portion of the page > Page Properties > Formatting - Browse for background image.

Note: make sure the slice is as long as the page you want to design. It doesn't have to be as thin as mine but the thinner you have it the quicker it loads.
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Right click on the edge of this page for a background & save image. Then upload to your sites image folder.

Then add the code below to your page html, under "between the head tag" & preview. If you add your other images ? the page wants to be set around the 820 wide.

<style type="text/css">
                    <!--
                    body {background-image: url(http://www.clearriverteaching.com/images/cr3.png); background-repeat:repeat-x;;background-position:left top;}
                    -->
                    </style>
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

As I am in a good mood I have looked at your site and created a slice that you can use for your background here. Right click it and save it to your PC and follow my instructions above.
                      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Morning Chris...I didn't realised you stepped in....lol
                        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Good morning Good Sir. I was just trying out a Firefox add on called "Screen grab" that lets you copy a whole web page & not just the screen shot, which is real handy for these situations.
                          By the time i posted you had beat me to it. LOL
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ok thanks guys I will give your suggestions a try and will let you know how it goes here in a bit. Thanks allot for your help. Good to know the world still has people willing to give their time to help people they don't even know.

I'm grateful even if I can't get it to work. I'll let you know how it goes soon.

Thanks.

Comment

Ok gentlemen I got it to work...I'm not really sure how it works lol but it's working. I copied the slice That Darren C made for me and inserted it as my background image and chose center in browser.

The page width is set at 800 and I have the length set at 1300. I have tried different settings for the length and it does decrease the scroll once published but in order to see the correct dimensions in the BV builder I have to set it at 1300.

That's ok with me I don't mind a little up and down scroll I just wanted to eliminate the side scroll.

Check this link and see if looks ok to you.

Again much thanks for helping me I'm pretty artsy fartsy but a real dunderhead at code and such. If I can't do it by dragging and dropping I'm pretty well done lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X