need help for forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help for forms

hello there i have gone through both the tutorials form1 and form2... i have tried to create a form following the exact steps but what happens after i publish the form and click on the submit button is i get a warning window which informs me that the use shall get my email address since the form is being send via an email then it opens my yahoo page...tells me to log into yahoo....opens an attachement window thereafter sends the information to the email i specified while creating a form...all i want is the simple infor collected in the form like name adress, should go to my email addres which is specificied while creating a form...where am i going wrong kindly help.

many thanks
    chandni

Re: need help for forms

This happens because you try to directly email the form info to your email address and your Outlook express is not correctly setup. But this is not the solution: look here: Basics about Forms
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sigh.....I am having a similar problem, I've watched both tutorials and done everything by the letter. When I try to test the form by sending an email, a box pops up that says:
      This form is being submitted using e-mail, submitting this form will reveal your e-mail address.....etc. Then the outlook screen pops up and i'd have to rewrite my message. I read through the "using PHP" referal page but I am not familiar with PHP so I'm stuck. Also even when I send myself an email through the outlook, I never get it when i check for email! (I've created an email account using the Squirrel service.

I'd appreciate any help given, I'm afraid i'll have to delete the form since I dont know PHP!

the URL for my form is:
      http://www.ka-clan.com/testing.html

Comment

Originally posted by Axioma
        Sigh.....I am having a similar problem, I've watched both tutorials and done everything by the letter. When I try to test the form by sending an email, a box pops up that says:
        This form is being submitted using e-mail, submitting this form will reveal your e-mail address.....etc. Then the outlook screen pops up and i'd have to rewrite my message. I read through the "using PHP" referal page but I am not familiar with PHP so I'm stuck. Also even when I send myself an email through the outlook, I never get it when i check for email! (I've created an email account using the Squirrel service.

I'd appreciate any help given, I'm afraid i'll have to delete the form since I dont know PHP!

the URL for my form is:
        http://www.ka-clan.com/testing.html
        You can either use this complete step by step guide by Andy128, found in http://netisopen.com/computer/tutori...otutorial.html

or, if you want a separate thankyou and error pages and/or field validation, prepare these pages, let me know the URLs and i'll prepare a script for you. Please before doing anything, verify that your email account works perfectly. I do not mean through the form, i mean as email account.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you Navaldesign
          I did check the email account and it works....just wanted to mention the link for the step by step guide by Andy128 gave me a "page not found" i wonder if it has been removed.....

Not too sure about the pages you suggest i create...?
          Do I just make a basic page that says "thank you for registering or your information"(?) "Error" I've never done anything like that so don't know what I'd put on it..can u please give me an example?

Thanks so much Naval!
          Axioma

Comment

Axioma-
            Dont know what the link problem was as the page is still there. I am going to shorten the link and maybe that will help. Here it is though.

http://netisopen.com/computer/tutori...otutorial.html

***I have shortened the link now so hopefully it will not present any problems. I have also left it in the other location for now. Here is it's new link;

http://netisopen.com/computer/TF001/T001.html

Cheers everone,

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Yes Thank you so much Andy128! The links only works from my browser not from this forum. I tried to follow the steps as closely as I could but i am a novice at this stuff.
              My links to the new pages work but the form itself doesnt, it gives me a "page not found" screen (my luck with those! sigh...)
              I am posting the links to both pages I believe I went wrong somewhere just don't know where. Am I missing a page?

Thank you very much for your time and your helpful advice

http://www.kaclan.com/contact.html

http://www.ka-clan.com/confirmationpage.html

Comment

You have two problems for start:

1. Your link to the contact page misses the "-" between the "ka" and the "clan". It should be "http://www.ka-clan.com/contact.html" not "http://www.kaclan.con/contact.html "
                2. You have published the php page as html, so the script doesn't find any confirmationpage.php . This is why you get the 404 Page not Found Error. Before you publish your confirmation page, go in Page properties, and set the page extention in "php". Then publish it again

After you have done these things, we can see if your script works or not.
                Navaldesign

Comment

WOW! Naval how can I thank you!? you saw a mistake I should've caught right away.
                  IT WORKS! finally, Thanks so much for your reply which solved my problem.

Grateful to you Axioma :)

Comment

You're welcome
                    Navaldesign

Comment

hi andy, thanks for the site..it works but now i need to validate the fields.. i see that bit missing from ur website..how do i force the custome to enter values in a particular field...i had seen the code earlier in ur website but it isnt there any more.

many thanks
                      chandni

Comment

chandni,
                        Validating fields is above my ability (at this time). I believe that Naveldesign put out something about that a while ago. Hopefully he is lurking around today to help you out.

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Sorry, just logging in from adroad. I'll be back for wednesday. If you have your form in it's final version, i'll provide you the script
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                          X