This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for a new site!

I love Vodahost and am happy with my first site and want to build another one.

What do I need to do to register a new domain and do I need another account? Obviously, I don't need to download BlueVoda again.

Thanks!!! Can't wait to get started........
    Terri
    www.ice-tropic.com
    www.janebondtravel.com
    www.theazfoodcritic.com

Re: Ready for a new site!

What are you up too Ms Jane? LOL

SChajin

www.gladyourgone.com

www.thebarefoottraveler.com
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

You can just register a new domain with Voda as an add-on domain - and start building. If you already own another domain name and it's parked elsewhere - you just need to have it pointed towards Voda.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

HAHA - I'll let you ponder that SChajin!

Thanks Bethers! I haven't bought or registered it yet, but I know it's available. I saw the add-on domains it the cpanel, but it said the domain had to be registered with a valid registrar. I haven't seen in the cpanel where I can do that. I could just be missing it though.
        Terri
        www.ice-tropic.com
        www.janebondtravel.com
        www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

You need to purchase the domain - where ever you purchase it from - and that is who will register it - then you have them point it here - or if you purchase it from BV - it will already be here.

You can't purchase it through the cpanel.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Where do I go to purchase through Vodahost with an existing account? Just start a new account or can I use my existing account?

Thanks
            Terri
            www.ice-tropic.com
            www.janebondtravel.com
            www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Originally posted by jane bond
              Where do I go to purchase through Vodahost with an existing account? Just start a new account or can I use my existing account?

Thanks
              www.vodahostdomains.com after registering your new domain name, you must enter your Vodahostdomains control panel ( you will create a NEW account with Vodahost Domains, during the new domain name registration procedure, and this account has it's own cp) and change your nameservers to point to the same servernames as your main account. Then you must enter your VODAHOST cp and add this new domain name as addon domain.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign, I wasn't sure how to get a new domain through Vodahost and integrate it into my existing account.

I like your new picture, BTW. I'm eternally jealous of your Italy location too! Hubby is Italian and we've been itching to visit.
                Terri
                www.ice-tropic.com
                www.janebondtravel.com
                www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

OOOh Yea! Finally loaded my new avatar also - the profile pic never worked. Lounging like a lizard in Mexico, probably a tequila coma.
                  Terri
                  www.ice-tropic.com
                  www.janebondtravel.com
                  www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Hi Terri,

If you buy your domain from someone else, it may be locked for 60 days. This happened to me and you can't use it in BV. Please check it out before you buy from the other guys.

SChajin

www.gladyourgone.com

www.thebarefoottraveler.com
                    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Dear Sir
                      I already make my website with Blue Voda
                      I want to make another website, I Add-on new website which re-direct to my old website, but as soon as i am trying to open new website page in Internet Explorer, result is "CANNOT FIND PAGE" My old website is working,
                      Please could you tell me what I am doing Wrong?

Comment

Hi SChajin,

I plan to buy through Voda, that's why I am kind of confused on how to do this since I am already a client. Do I use my existing account to buy the new domain? Do I open a whole new account? I will follow as Navaldesign says, he is very knowledgeable. Can't wait to start the new site! Will probably be the weekend before I get much done though.
                        Terri
                        www.ice-tropic.com
                        www.janebondtravel.com
                        www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

There is no other way if you want to buy your new domainname from Vodahost. Being a Vodahost client doesn't make you a Vodahostdomains client. That's why you will be asked to create a new account in Vodahostdomains.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign,

I was wondering what to do, but now that I know, I'll be a-buildin' away this weekend! I will hopefully have enough done by late Monday to post for all of your sage input!

Cheers all!
                            Terri
                            www.ice-tropic.com
                            www.janebondtravel.com
                            www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Working...
                            X