Tutorials for the phpbb are for a different version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorials for the phpbb are for a different version

I have just installed the phpbb version 3.07 but when for guidance I followed the tutorials on BV it seems it is a different version.
    I want to know about setting the permissions, it seems that there is a default set by phpbb which are probably adequate for my needs but do I stil need to set all the permissions as recommended in the BV tutorial.
    Do I need to follow all theother steps inthe tutuorials also.

Re: Tutorials for the phpbb are for a different version

Set your own criteria and do not follow what everybody else does.

I set every new member to "limited permission".

Even under limited permission I restrict them to the bare essentials and require their first 5 post to be queued and moderated for approval.

After their first 5 threads I would have gauged the type of member they are and would allow them more free reign.

Learn and familiarize your self with the ACP so you can manage your forum better.

Join this phpBB forum and learn more............
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Zuriatman,

Thanks, its so obvious that this is a brand new area for me and thanks for the advice I will take a look at the permissions again.
      I just need to know as well if when we configure the board there are a lot of tick boxes for preferences etc. Do these not kick in for every forum? because wehen I try to setthe permissions for each forum I really can't see how to do it and the tutoiral from BV is very clear but only for that version. The phpp3.0.7 seems to have overtaken it.

Thanks

Sarah

Comment

The phpp3.0.7 seems to have overtaken it.

Makes no difference what versionit is.
        Just login to the [ACP] Administrator's Control Panel and you will see everything there.

Takes a little time for a beginner to famaliarize how the commands work. Slowly you will get there.By the way post your threads in the Forum forum at the bottom of the VodaTalk page.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you will do

Comment

Working...
          X