Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm So New!

Hi all,
    I've just downloaded this program. At the moment I'm so lost. I've been using another program "Nvu". It stopped working and was a lot of trouble anyway. I think this program will be good after I stop trying to compare it with the way I've done things for years on the other program. It is almost better to have never done a website than to change. Anyway at the moment I'm still reading the tutorials. I like how at the end she say's "Now you know how to do so and so". I'm like yea right!
    I'll keep ya posted as I move along. I'm sure I'll make it harder than it is.
    Sue

Re: I'm So New!

Welcome to Vodaland Sue, I remember feeling the same way (and I had tried, unsuccessfully, with several other free builders including NVU) but truly it will not take you long. I think the best two things about Blue Voda and Vodahost are, the generosity of the members of this forum and the bite sized videos. I tried with other videos, before finding BV, but often had to sit through up to 30 minutes each time I needed to hear a one minute direction again. Just play with Blue Voda for a little while and remember that you can have an individual video open when you are trying to 'get' something and no one will know if you 'got it' on the first run through or the fiftieth, unless you tell them. That is probably the third best thing about BV & Vodahost, they make me look up to date and quite computer/website savvy.
    Remember have fun, take a break - when you want to break your computer, use the search button in this forum for answers to problems and if all else fails remember that there are a lot of really savvy and generous people here that are willing to help when they can.
    Sandra

Comment

Welcome to VodaTalk.

I am sure you will find your time here enjoyable.

Test all the functions in BlueVoda. The more you understand, the easier it becomes.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Well, I was new when I did the first post and I'm still new today! I stopped this program and went and paid for another. My index page is now a mess and my sound wont come thru. I just can't figure it out. So I have now come back here where I know I'll get lots of support. My big thing is I already have a website and publisher. I want to use this program to update my already existing website and make a new page now and then. I'm going to listen to all the tutorials today and see if I can make sense of it. Can anyone tell me before I try it if my already built pages will transfer here true to form or will I have to rearrange everything as I did with the other program. I did it with the WebEasy Pro and had it looking right but, when published it was a mess and my wolf howl sound can't be heard on Firefox but, can on Explorer. I just don't get it. It was suppose to be compatible with Firefox. Can anyone tell me if this will be an issue before I even get started?
        thanks for anyones help.
        Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Tonka-N-Me View Post
          Well, I was new when I did the first post and I'm still new today! I stopped this program and went and paid for another. My index page is now a mess and my sound wont come thru. I just can't figure it out. So I have now come back here where I know I'll get lots of support. My big thing is I already have a website and publisher. I want to use this program to update my already existing website and make a new page now and then. I'm going to listen to all the tutorials today and see if I can make sense of it. Can anyone tell me before I try it if my already built pages will transfer here true to form or will I have to rearrange everything as I did with the other program. I did it with the WebEasy Pro and had it looking right but, when published it was a mess and my wolf howl sound can't be heard on Firefox but, can on Explorer. I just don't get it. It was suppose to be compatible with Firefox. Can anyone tell me if this will be an issue before I even get started?
          thanks for anyones help.
          Sue

Hi Sue,

This is not the right place for you to post your website problems.

1] Itemized your website problems and

2] Post it in BlueVoda General Issue Forum above.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks zuriatman!! I will
            Sue

Comment

Working...
            X