Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receiving "Someone has signed your guestbook!", please make them stop!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving "Someone has signed your guestbook!", please make them stop!!!!

Everyday I get hundreds of email messages stating "Someone has signed your guestbook!". Where are these coming from, I don't have a guestbook!?!?
    Can anyone help?
    Here is my website: http://www.comic-art-ink.com/
    Thanks

Joe

Re: Receiving "Someone has signed your guestbook!", please make them stop!!!!

This is the info from the emails:
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 1
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 2
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 3
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 4
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 5
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 6
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 7
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 8
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 9
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 10
    X-McAfee-Timeout-Protection: 11
    Return-path: <comikcom@voda8.voda8.com>
    Envelope-to: joegonzalez@comic-art-ink.com
    Delivery-date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 03:12:57 -0500
    Received: from comikcom by voda8.voda8.com with local (Exim 4.69)
    (envelope-from <comikcom@voda8.voda8.com>)
    id 1OkYKs-0007jm-Ev
    for joegonzalez@comic-art-ink.com; Sun, 15 Aug 2010 03:12:54 -0500
    To: joegonzalez@comic-art-ink.com
    Subject: Someone signed your guestbook!
    X-PHP-Script: www.comic-art-ink.com/guestbook.php for 213.5.69.179
    Reply-To: joegonzalez@comic-art-ink.com
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    X-Mailer: PHP v5.2.13
    Message-Id: <E1OkYKs-0007jm-Ev@voda8.voda8.com>
    Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 03:12:54 -0500

Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

Joe

Comment

Re: Receiving &quot;Someone has signed your guestbook!&quot;, please make them stop!!!!

You DO have a guestbook, look at http://www.comic-art-ink.com/guestbook.php . Of course I can't know how it goy there, probably you had made some testings at some time ?

Remove the file from the server.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Receiving &quot;Someone has signed your guestbook!&quot;, please make them stop!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Comic-Art-Ink View Post
          Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!
          That's why vodatalk is the no 1. LOL

Comment

Uhm, another quick question. I already went into ftp and can't find anything that is guestbook related. Where exactly do i go to remove any traces of this?
            Thanks

Comment

I saw that it was in the public_html file, went there and did find an .html that was guestbook and deleted it. I refreshed and I looked around some more and could not find anything else, I even went into backups and deleted the one's there. Why is the page still showing up when I click on the link above? I still need help.

Thanks again.

Joe

Comment

The page you want to delete via FTP Manager is not an html page. As the link above shows, it's a php page. It will be in the list of items in your public-html folder, but may not be where you expect to see it in the list. Just keep a ***** eye out!
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

s h a r p eye :)
                  CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                  CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                  CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks for the "head up", I have searched high and low and cannot find it. When I got home this evening there were 102 emails. I really need help. Can anyone give me any more ideas?
                    Thanks to all.

Joe

Comment

Is this an addon domain or the main domain ?

If it is the main domain. it MUST be in yout "public_html", if , instead, it is an add on, the file is in the add on domain folder (which usually has the same name as the domain)
                      Navaldesign
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

No it's the main domain, I only recently added the "add-on" domain and this has been going on for sometime.

Comment

I went back into the files and dug deeper and in some of the "res" sub files I found some additional folders titled guestbook, I went in and deleted those as well. It still has not taken care of it. The only other things that I can find that are PHP are in a folder titled PHPMailer, but is this for the shopping cart function or the guestbook?

Comment

PHP mailer has nothing to do with the guestbook.

Are you looking for the file connecting with FTP or using File Manager ?

If you are using FTP please note that if you have lots of files in your publisc HTML, NOT all files are displayed. Go through your c-panel, File Manager.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

YES!
                              That was it I was looking in FTP Manager via Blue Voda Web Builder and not on cPanel File Manager! I found the file and once deleted, Viola! The guestbook link is now broken!
                              You are the man!
                              Thanks to the nth degree.

Comment

Working...
                              X