Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL database question

Domain: rainbow-lane.co.uk
    Hi, we have an ecommerce shop with soholaunch but want to change to a new site on BV. I know we will have to design and build the whole site ..thats no problem and we want to use os commerce as the shopping cart.

I'm stuck on the database issue though...there will be about 1200 items across 5 main sections plus sub sections. I can probably create a basic database in excel but don't know where to go from there..

How do I get the data info onto mysql database in cpanel?

How do I design where I want the ads to appear on the page with the required fields?

DO i need to build the site first then add the info at a later date?

Sorry it's a lot to ask but i've been scratching my head now for weeks..possibly months..

any help would be appreciated...cheers

Paul.

Re: SQL database question

Hi,
    If your idea is to design it your self you will need a good knowledge of php and mysql. Your best bet is to view some tutorials in youtube to get the idea of what you will need to learn.
    You can upload data to your mysql database using a spredsheet, save it as a .cvs (you will have to have a mysql data base with its correspondent fields)
    The task that you want to do can take a professional programmer from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, it all depends what you want.
    Good luck

Comment

Paul,

Take a look at this website: http://www.bigprof.com/appgini/

Buck
      The Buck Stop

Comment

Dear Paul

it seems you have a great website.
        if possible could u let me know how u connect ur database to your website.

thnx in advance,
        ghada al-almy

Originally posted by Paul008 View Post
        Domain: rainbow-lane.co.uk
        Hi, we have an ecommerce shop with soholaunch but want to change to a new site on BV. I know we will have to design and build the whole site ..thats no problem and we want to use os commerce as the shopping cart.

I'm stuck on the database issue though...there will be about 1200 items across 5 main sections plus sub sections. I can probably create a basic database in excel but don't know where to go from there..

How do I get the data info onto mysql database in cpanel?

How do I design where I want the ads to appear on the page with the required fields?

DO i need to build the site first then add the info at a later date?

Sorry it's a lot to ask but i've been scratching my head now for weeks..possibly months..

any help would be appreciated...cheers

Paul.
        Ghada Al-lamy

Comment

I get a useful very interesting website and I sure it helps to every database developer. It helps to create web database application instantly without writing any code. It reduce testing overhead and save your time.

Comment

Working...
          X