This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have my website ready but it does not work

I have a simple website for my customers of my DVD rental store. Nothing doing online, just where they can see what's and new and what's coming, also have some places to rent that I will list also.
    The pages are ready, but I am having quite a time learning how to link them together.
    Last night I had a good start, but now today, I don't think it is worth my time.
    Would like someone to take it, make it work, and make it easy for me to update it.
    I have no idea how much that would cost, but I would love to find out.
    it is more or less what I want.
    How do I have someone who knows what they are doing have a look at it, so I can get a quote to get the pages linked and working?

Re: I have my website ready but it does not work

Before you go that route I'd recommend you post the link to your site so people here can look at it to offer suggestions. It may be that you are not far from reaching your goals. Without seeing your site, all we can say is "Go over the Tutorials."
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Ok, but my problem is that I can't seem to get my pages up for you to look at them. whatever I am doing wrong, I can't seem to find it. this is all I get so far.
      Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
      Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
      Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.themoviestopsxm.com Port 80

Comment

Does the above error mean that something is wrong with my pages? or am I doing it wrong? I there some way I can have someone look it? I look at the tutorials, and I can't see what's wrong. If I know where to start I would. help guys, what should I do? scratch it and start all over again? would that help?

Comment

To publish your Blue Voda pages, you must use the command or the icon within Blue Voda itself, specifying the proper IP address to your hosting account, the User Name assigned to you as shown in your Account Confirmation/Welcome email, and the Password also shown on the same email.

You cannot publish any other way.

If you cannot find your IP listed in the drop-down menu in the Publish Dialog box, you will need to download the more current version of Blue Voda with the updated IP list and install it over your present installation (does no harm to your files). If you are unsure of your Password (it is not the same one used to access the VodaTalk Forums), you will need to ask for a new one from Support.

You cannot use FTP, Front Page, Dreamweaver, or any other tool or method to publish a Blue Voda created web page --- only by using the established method provided from within Blue Voda itself.

Your domain is assigned to Voda37, and has been purchased from eNom through VodaHost, so everything is prepared for you to publish your pages easily and with confidence, providing you use the prescribed methods with valid Logon information.

Seems you also are experiencing challenges when it is not necessary ... check out this thread for any similarities and solutions that may enlighten you ....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Most probably you have somehow altered the public_html (your root folder) permissions.

These permissions should be set to 755.

Connect with Blue FTP. When it connects, it displays, by default, the content of "public_html" so you will need to go one level up to be able to see "public_html" as folder. Right click it and select Permissions: if anything different than 755, change it to this value.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

OK, I heard from customer support. I guess it was not me after all, because they said try it now, and well it works, I see two of my pages are not opening, and I will check to see what's wrong. but at least I am up, and I would like to Thank All of this forum who tried to help. Note, I am made this for my local customers, they will get the link emailed to them. so as you look at it, remember, this is the Caribbean, and we don't need all that perfection, Thanks again, hope to read your comments. www.themoviestopsxm.com

Comment

Working...
              X