This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminated connection setting up mail accounts

Hi I recently got a new computer and have been trying for weeks now to set up my email accounts in thunderbird or windows live mail. Im sure I have set up correctly and have sought advice from customer support but i keep getting error message 'unexpectedly terminated connection, error code 0x800CCC0F' I have set ports to 110 and 25, I been to Cpanel to check passwords correct and to try and find any info that could help. I could not configure account here though as it only listed outlook express acounts. I have checked server requires authentification and i have also tried it unchecked. I have tried everything but cannot get over this problem. I think customer support has given up on me as they have stopped replying to my emails. Has anyone else had this problem. Any tips would be most welcome as i am truly stuck. Cheers!

Re: terminated connection setting up mail accounts

Cheryl, setting up WindowsLive email is the same as setting up email for Outlook.
    And it is best to set up email in Outlook manually, and not using the auto-configure.

And I do not care what anyone says or keeps insisting: if you look carefully while in cPanel at your email accounts section, if you click on the little link to configure Outlook ... you will be taken to the page with all the different options/links ... note lower down on the page where it specifies the distinct outgoing ports for your server, both for SSL setups and regular: they are NOT always defaulted to port 25, and NOTHING will function unless they are manually set using this specified port.

Here's a primer of sorts I did a long time ago for Outlook, and it still works on Outlook 2007. If you're using Vista or Windows7 I have no idea, and suggest you Google for a possible explanation that works for you ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Pls take screenshots of your settings (ALL of them) in Windows Live mail and post them here.

However, the "'unexpectedly terminated connection" error message usually is due to a server issue and not to a settings issue.
      Did you refer, in your support ticket, the error message ?
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I might be barking up the wrong tree Cherry1 because 1) I don't know where you are based and 2) I don't know who your ISP are but this might hit the nail on the head.

I'm based in the UK and I've set up 100's of email addresses but I did have a problematic one. I was setting one up using Windows Live Mail, done everything right but if would not work. It transpired the ISP was BT (British Telecom) and they require you to contact them to notify them of the domain you want to send and receive emails from. They then press a few buttons their end and then everything works.

I hope this helps.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Many thanks for your replys, I will work on the info you have given me and let you all know how ive got on.

Comment

Hi, I have sotred out this problem with help from customer support. I cant beleive its taken me weeks of going all round the houses, all i had to do in the end was, IN THE EMAIL SETTING FOR SMTP JUST CHECK SECURE SSL AS NO. Hooray everything is working fine. hope this may be useful to others. thanks for your offers of help.

Comment

You mean "unselect SSL SMTP required" ....

Glad you're off and running!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X