Site up, pages published but only Index showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site up, pages published but only Index showing

I managed to get my site built, my name redirected, and all the pages published, but when I enter the site URL, all I get is the index of pages. How do I get the actual pages to appear?

Also, when I click on an individual page it does appear but way to the right. How do I make it start on the left hand side of my browser?

Re: Site up, pages published but only Index showing

please provide your url/domain name so we can take a look.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Is your homepage named "index" all lower case ?

If not, you will be seeing an index of pages instead of the site itself.

For the left / right issue, we need to look at the pages code, so a link is required as General VodaHost suggested.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It was indeed the naming of the file that was at fault. I had "Index" instead of "index".

Many thanks. My other problems are minor but if you can solve the problem of why it's on the right of the page, I will be most grateful.

Plutarch

Comment

I looked at the page code but i can't find a reason why.

try removing elements one at a time, and see if it corrects theissue.

Start from the menu and then one element at a time until you find what causes this issue.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Probably you have set wrong the page width to 800 px (your page is larger) so the browser "pushes" the content to the right. Measure your content width and set the page width accordingly.
            Navaldesign

Comment

My website is working fine and get to all the pages okay. But when you go to pupplove.net it comes up as index instead of pupplove. How do I get it to show pupplove.
              Thanks, Cyndy
              pupplove@msn.com

Comment

I see that you have fixed it...
                Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Plutarch View Post
                  It was indeed the naming of the file that was at fault. I had "Index" instead of "index".

Many thanks. My other problems are minor but if you can solve the problem of why it's on the right of the page, I will be most grateful.

Plutarch
                  www.omnitrans.co.il
                  I looked at the page code but i can't find a reason why.

try removing elements one at a time, and see if it corrects theissue.

Start from the menu and then one element at a time until you find what causes this issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X