PHP form success or error page problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP form success or error page problem

I am totally stumped. I have a page in my site that has a form on it, not the homepage. I have created the success and error pages. The form has been created, looks great in IE and FF. But when you click on submit, I get DNS server not found error. I have gone back and recreated this problem so many times, half of BV's server space is probably dedicated to this tonight lol. File extensions are ok according to the tutorial (which I might add the help desk just keeps emailing me to watch). If I watch the same tutorials again, I quit, I have watched them that many times. I have reloaded the BV software 5 times today based on the last email from help desk. The form properties are okay, no encoding enabled, all fields are within the form grid, named with one name (quote), saved as a .php file, points to the right success and error files which I have resaved so many times but they're all in there. In File Manager, deleted every .php file except for the main form page of course as I tried that so many times. The answer to this is so simple, I know it's staring me in the face. And please don't make me watch these tutorials for the 50th time, I can't take it anymore. I even went off my site and just did a blank page with new success and error pages for fun, still didn't work. The help desk has given up on me and just send me links to the tutorials. What am I missing here? A new brain lol? www.cruisecontrolcenter.com the original page name was request_a_quote, saved as .bvp but of course was saved in file manager as .php. resaved the page as quote to see if maybe original name was no good. still didn't work. this has got to have something to do with file extension problems with the success and error pages but I have rechecked these pages so many times, I am ready to cry!! Help pls, I am ready to not even venture near forms again lol!

Re: PHP form success or error page problem

I just tested your "Request_a_Quote" form and seems perfectly working. After submission I get the "success" page. What's the issue ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, I am having the same problem. The "error" page populates with the url of the
      contact page. the "error.html" does exist ....

fill out the form and do not put in the captcha and you will see this problem.
      Thanks!
      P V WebSolutions

Comment

This is normal behavior. The PHP code doesn't redirect the user to the "error" page, it "includes" the error page in the script. Just as you have used the "include" method for parts of your page.

When I tested, however, the form doesn't seem to work. It seems to do nothing. And the captcha is outside the form area.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok..... now I know the reason! Thanks, George! Feliz Navidad!
          P V WebSolutions

Comment

Working...
          X