This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Selections Problem ....

On this form here it will allow me, or a visitor, to choose more then one option by holding the CRTL key while making selections. This is good however when I receive the email it only shows one of the options chosen. I am not sure if its the first option the last option or whatever but only one option shows up. Also same problem with this form here. Any thoughts?

Also on the same form does anyone know how to make the prefilled text:

* "DO NOT INSERT PASSWORDS OR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THIS AREA! (SUCH AS LOGIN DETAILS)"

disappear upon the visitor clicking on the box to input his/her information? It would also be easier on my eyes when receiving and reading the form once it hits my inbox (or for this matter my junk box because the filter doesnt seem to catch it and keep it out of the junk box) ;)

Any thoughts, help, etc. will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Multiple Selections Problem ....

Multiple selections:

the field name MUST be followed by square brackets: [] (no whitespace between them)

Example: hobbies[]

Clearing the editboxes:

Right click the field, and select HTML. Paste the following in the Inside Tag:
    onFocus="if(this.value!='')this.value='';"
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval,

The clearing the editboxes works, however I still cannot get the multiple selections to show up. I CAN select multiple items by holding CTRL but when I receive the email from the form only 1 item is selected.

I have tried the following two ways: In the combobox Properties

1. Item Name: Previously: Computer Repair New: Computer Repair[]

2. Value: Previously: Computer Repair New: Computer Repair[]

Neither return multiple selections. Anymore suggestions?

Comment

A link to the form page please ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

My apologizes.

Comment

Hi,

You have misread my instructions.

It is the field (Combobox) name that needs the square brackets : Help with[] (and, even better, Help_with[]), not every single option in the dropdown.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Understood Sir,

I will try this later today and reply with my outcome. Much appreciated.

- JRPC

Comment

Success, thank you! However,

Is there a way to get the multiple selections (which come to my email) listed as such (i.e.)

Computer Repair
                Forum Error
                Other

Instead of like this how they come to me now:

Computer Repair,Forum Error,Other

Finally, I would like to add Captcha to this. I have looked on the forums that a new form builder has been created to allow Captcha however I cannot find the download link for the new form builder. Can you provide this? I am using BlueVoda v12 and it does have a captcha option. I am guessing I am using the correct version. This brings me to my last part of the question. Where is the tutorial on how to impliment Captcha? It is asking me for Public Key, Private Key, Error Page. I would like to know how to configure these.

Regards!

Comment

q1: No, the built in form processor is designed to group multiple choices separated by commas. You will need to write your own processor for this.
                  q2: BV has had a Captcha since version 10, more than 2 years ago. You will find it in the same toolbar as the rest of the Form tools.

For recaptcha instead, was added in version 12 of BV and is also available through the Forms toolbar.

To use reCaptcha you need to create an account in recaptcha.net . When you do, they provide your Private and Public keys. The error page is the same as the one you use for your form, so simply type the error page nme in it (in example, "error.html" ).
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you Sir,

I have successfully completed this here and I would like to take the time to thank you for your complete and to the point answers. You may mark this closed or however you wish to proceed.

All's well that ends well!

- JRPC

Comment

You're very welcome.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                      X