Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webpage does not update properly

Hi,

after I renewed my index page, my webpage shows differently depending on which network I use to log on to the internet. If I use my computer at work it shows the old unupdated page, if I use my homecomputer (from which I updated the page) it shows the updated site and if I use my **** (which uses a different network from my homecomputer) it shows the updated site but minimized to a small corner of the screen. How do I get my page updated properly on all computers.

I also have related problems with how non-english letters are displayed after publishing (my page is in swedish so I need to use three additional letters, an a with a circle above, an a with two dots above and an o with two dots above). Previously all dots and circles where simply removed when I published, but after I enabled unicode the 3 letters are sometimes shown correctly and sometimes as complete gibberish depending on the language fonts of the computer I use to go online.

my sitename is newerainvest.com

Best/Martin

Re: Webpage does not update properly

Brackney, to avoid this "caching" issue would you then suggest - in advance - to insert this line of HTML in any page of my website, too? Anyone might face this kind of problems someday.

Originally posted by brackney
    Martin - I can't help with the language issue, hopefully someone else can help you with that, but it sounds like your pages are catching...

Try this fix:
    - I am assuming you are building your pages with Blue voda -

To stop your pages from catching:

1) Right click somewhere on the page
    (Not on any items you have put on the page, but the page it's self)
    2) Left click on "page HTML"
    3) The page HTML window should open. Click on "between head tag"
    4) Copy and paste this code (below) into that empty white text space:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">

5) The save and re-publish the page

when you open up the page in your browser you may need to refresh the page a few times for it to clear the catch. (hit your F5 key a few time to refresh the page).

hopefully that will fix your new changes not showing up issue.

As far as fonts go... not everyone has every font loaded into their computer, so to keep your pages looking the same on most all computers choose a basic default font that most everyone has such installed such as Arial, Times New Roman, etc... Not sure that helps.

Good luck.
    Rebecca

Comment

Working...
    X