This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Glitches when pubilshing pages from BV

I am overhauling my site (endless hours) and have temporally published the new pages (see web addresses below)

Here is the issue: I will publish the first page and all is fine, I'll publish the 2nd page and then the shapes and graphics are messed up on my first page. and so on.. if I republish the page that is messed up, that page comes out fine, but then a different page messes up.

My shapes and some of my graphics switch pages and end up NOT WHERE I DESIGNED them to be in BV.

It took tech support 6 days to get back to me- all they said was that "sometimes text over shapes can cause an issue in browsers"..

okay- but that was it!! .. HOW DO I FIX THIS? Anyone know?
    I have written back but no reply from them yet and they closed my ticket…

The thing I don’t get is that I have been building pages for years now with BV and have almost always used shapes with text layered over them, -- without an issue.. So why now is there an issue?

I have updated all my browsers IE, Foxfire & Google Chrome.. I still have this issue in all browsers.
    I have updated the new version of BV but still no fix.

I have more pages to build, and an ad campaign out that is wasted because I cannot send anyone to my site (the ad out is for a gift certificate special - for the Christmas Holiday)

I have a new client who wants me to build a site for them... but I can't if there are still issues with shapes and graphics.

Please if you know what the fix is I am ready to listen!
    I am getting desperate!

Rebecca

My web site is www.brackneys.com
    the (re-designed) new pages are:
    brackneys.com/index-new.html
    brackneys.com/pets-index.html
    brackneys.com/people-index.html
    brackneys.com/gift-certificates.html
    brackneys.com/go-get.php
    and so on..

(of course not all my links are not working yet as I am still building pages, but I have stopped building until these issues can be solved)

Please help! Thanks...

Re: Design Glitches when pubilshing pages from BV

This happens when you copy/paste an object from one page to another and then edit that item.
    The easy way to overcome this problem is:
    Tools>Options>Publish and select the box that says to use the page name as a prefix.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

CarbonTerry -
      Thanks - I knew there had to be an easy fix.. I will go re-publish all my pages and see if it works! Thanks again!

Comment

whoo hoo- so far so good - really ... thank you very much!
        Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
        X