Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response form not working

Hi all,
    Hope you are all having a great Christmas.
    I have a problem that urgently needs fixing. I have a response form that can be filled in on my site. It normally works ok but now when i get an email, it tells me the email address it has come from is my own instead of any potential customer.

Elegance Wedding Cars offer classic Wedding Car Hire in Wigan, Bolton, Liverpool, Warrington, St Helens & all surrounding area's. Classic Wedding Car Hire.

Please help.

Regrds Dave
    Dave

www.eleganceweddingcarhire.com

Re: Response form not working

Can't see any form in your page. I also don't understand which form processor you are using as the page is .html whilst it should be .php . This is usually an issue with how you have named your "email" field. When you use the built in form processor, the email field MUST be named all lowercase "email". Another processor might require different naming.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry but i had to take it off the site due to it not working.
      Dave

Comment

Hi Naldesign, i have put the form back on the page for a few days, can you please have another look at it.
        Dave

Comment

You have used an external script "action.php"

You should instead use the built in form processor.

Of course, if you do, you should change the contact_us page extension to be .php (and you should also update your menus accordingly as well as delete from the server the "action.php" and the old contact_us.html files)

You need to have a "thankyou" and an "error"page too.

The "email" field now is correct, so you should be receiving the mail with the correct "from" at least if you use the built in form processor.

With the "action.php" script instead, I should see its code to tell you if the field must be named "email" or something else.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X