HTML Issues and Help on Work-Around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML Issues and Help on Work-Around

Hi and thanks for the great forum...BV Rocks!

I am having a problem with not being able to paste in all the HTML code I needd in the "page HTML" nor the HTML drop-down box.

I have made a "test page" to help describe the issues and make it easier for those willing to help me here: http://www.igwtamerica.org/index_BVHelp.php

If you click on Arkansas you will see a list of cities that are in html code that is below the "cities box". If I add just a few more lines of code, to any city, the code gets cut off when I attempt to paste it in...thus not displaying properly.

I just need some ideas about how to work around this issue. I thought about placing a "more cities" link at the bottom of the box, but I'm not a real proficient code person and don't know exactly how to display an htlm box based on a link. And this may not be the best way to go anyway.

I really appreciate any help you may be able to offer. If this issue has already been addressed in the forum, please direct me to the answer, please. Great thanks as always!

Preston

Re: HTML Issues and Help on Work-Around

There is a 32 KB limitation to the quantity of text you can copy / paste (this is a standard Windows feature, BV uses this as well as other standard functionalities of Windows)

So you simply need to copy paste in smaller blocks.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval, but as is usual for me I encountered another problem before I was able to try your suggestion. I installed (I believe the latest version of the web site builder) version 11.71

When I tried to publish it said the password was incorrect because it defaulted to the wrong IP. I saw this post by VodaHost the other day, "If server is Voda24, your new server IP is 174.36.95.2 and your new control panel login url is http://174.36.95.2/cpanel , your cPanel username and password will remain the same." I have been using 174.36.95.2 with the older version and can still FTP to the server. The problem is, 174.36.95.2 is not in the drop-down list for me to select when I try to publish using version 11.71 It says I have sucessfully published using the old IP address 74.86.118.25, but the changes are not reflected on the live web site.

Do you know of this problem and where I might get help?

Thanks as always,

Preston

Comment

Pls download the executable version http://voda29.com/downloads/setup.exe

Seems like the zipped version has not been updated yet, but the executable one is updated and it contains your IP address.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi again, Naval...ok, got the latest version dowloaded and my IP was there. so that's cool. But about the first issue with copying/pasting code inside the body of the page html...I'm still having problems. I understood what you said about the amount of a copy/paste being limited. But when I copy and paste into the page html and it gets cut off...then I should be able to manually type in another line or character shouldn't I? I can't...it's as if the "inside body" region will only hold so much information and that doesn't make sense to me. I was able to import the entire code using the drop-down box, but when I published, it did not display the cities at all...like the code wants to see it inside the body. Any thoughts on this, please. And thanks, you've been a great help here...I love that php "include" trick!

Comment

Seems like there is a limitation on the size of content that can be pasted in Page HTML.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a technical limitation-

However, usually, if you have so much code to include, why don't you simply use the "include" method ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

Just to let you know what I found...the reason I chose to download the latest site builder version the other day was that I had the latest on a machine at work and noticed on the bottom left corner of the html box an "import" button. It was not there on my version at home. The "import" function is the way I was able to get all the code into the html block. and it seems like there is no limit there...I quickly just cut/pasted and made a huge file beyond what I would ever need and it imported it all into the block...great! Just when you have time though...would you mind elaborating on your comment about, "why don't you just use the "include" function?" How would that have been the solution if I still had to have a way to get the code into the included page?

I'm open to any of your suggestions and appreciate what you do here!

Thanks Naval,

Preston

Comment

Sorry, though you were talking about the page HTML ?

To include code in a page you can create an separate file with the code, and use the same method as explained in the PHP "include" method, to include the file (code) in the page online.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval,

On another subject, if you can help I appreciate it.

The organization I'm in sends out email packages (individual pdf"s and one Word document as attachments) to folks, asking them to forward the email to different cities.

This is cumbersome because they then have delete the forward info and all that stuff to make it look original.

Question: What is the best way for me to allow visitors to my site to email the package, an introduction in the body and the attacments, directly from the web site?

I looked around a little before posting here. If this has been addressed somewhere else...sorry and point me to it.

Thanks as always,

Preston

Comment

What you need is a "mailer" that will allow users that visit your site to input (in a form) the email addresses and other details (name etc) where the package must be sent, and then click on a "Send" button. The mailer would then send the "package" to these email addresses.

This requires a specific form processor and a "mailer" routine.

Quite possible but requires PHP/MySQL knowledge. You might want to consider outsourcing this to a pro.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X