Help required after PC factory restored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required after PC factory restored

I have had to factory restore my PC. All the Vodahost files for my web site was kept on a seperate hard disc attached to the PC.
    I have now downloaded vodahost again after restore. All works okay except when I go to open an existing page, the correct page opens from the hard disc but is missing all pictures, just shows the text.
    As my site obtains alot of pictures and pages, I do not really want to have to redo these again.
    Can anyone tell me if there is an easier way to obtain the site pages back including the pictures ready for editing.

Gordon

Re: Help required after PC factory restored

The path to the images have changed after the reinstall. The images may not be on the pages but they are still on your server and will appear on the website.
    You will have to establish the exact same path to your images as it was before the reinstall.
    Has the hard disk with the images changed it's letter ( i.e. "E" ) designation after the reinstall?
    If so you will have to change it to the "old" designation.
    Google "change drive letter"
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Re: Help required after PC factory restored

Originally posted by q4k View Post
      I have had to factory restore my PC. All the Vodahost files for my web site was kept on a seperate hard disc attached to the PC.
      I have now downloaded vodahost again after restore. All works okay except when I go to open an existing page, the correct page opens from the hard disc but is missing all pictures, just shows the text.
      As my site obtains alot of pictures and pages, I do not really want to have to redo these again.
      Can anyone tell me if there is an easier way to obtain the site pages back including the pictures ready for editing.

Gordon
      The path to the images have changed after the reinstall. The images may not be on the pages but they are still on your server and will appear on the website.

Comment

Working...
      X