Trouble getting re-directing pages to publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble getting re-directing pages to publish

I've set up multiple "add to cart" buttons onto my web page using paypal, when I am creating the button, in the 3rd step it gives me the option to redirect the customer after canceling an order, and successfully completing an order... I've set these pages to "http://palehorse-ironworks.com/order_success.html" and "http://www.palehorse-ironworks.com/cancel_order.html

I created the pages in bluevoda, but am having trouble getting them to publish... I keep saving them before publishing, clearing all previous history of them from my cPanel, and re-publishing all files for the specific page... and am still getting an "oops... that link appears broken" message... if customers buy anything while this problem is happening it might really scare them off :-S

Re: Trouble getting re-directing pages to publish

That's because you have published the pages as .php and not .html
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Other than how I've been saving the pages as "cancel_order.html" and "order_success.html", I don't understand how it is publishing as .php? :-S

Comment

You have the Page Properties set to "Publish As" .php
        Right click on an empty area of your page and select "Page Properties"

CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

*facepalm* Thank you my good sir... you are a saint.... It's been a few months since I've worked on my site, I TOTALLY remember seeing that in one of the millions of tutorials I watched.... should I be keeping all my pages in html? Is there a certain application for .php?

Comment

php is used primarily for form pages but is also used if you use NavalDesign's "include" method for updating pages.
            You can leave the pages as php. As far as I know there is no issue in doing so.
            You will have to change he link address in your "Add to Cart" buttons or simply change the Page Properties to html and republish.
            I would delete the php pages from the server if you choose to publish as html.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Nevermind... I see where the whole problem came from... I used a form page I had as a template for these new pages... forget that forms ran the .php

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
                php is used primarily for form pages but is also used if you use NavalDesign's "include" method for updating pages.
                You can leave the pages as php. As far as I know there is no issue in doing so.
                You will have to change he link address in your "Add to Cart" buttons or simply change the Page Properties to html and republish.
                I would delete the php pages from the server if you choose to publish as html.
                will do! thank you so much for the help

Comment

Working...
                X