Please help!!! Untitled Page!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!! Untitled Page!!!

My page title is showing as 'Untitled Page' on Google.

I believe I did everything the way I'm supposed to. I right clicked on a blank space on my index page background and went to page properties. Under 'General' I changed the title to 'Major League Soccer Blog' and I also filled out my keywords and page desription under 'Meta Tags'. I saved it, published it and still it comes up as Untitled Page. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

My website is: www.majorleaguesoccerblog.com

Re: Please help!!! Untitled Page!!!

Your link isn't going to your site.
    FWIW, the first word in your page title is the most important.
    Maybe the title should start with Soccer ???
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Thanks Carbon Terry for responding.

I posted the wrong link. Duh!

Click Here

If I were to change it to just soccer it still would show 'Untitled Page'. Please help.

Comment

Your page title appears to be working OK here, FF & IE
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Ok, I see your meta tags.
          You should limit tags to 25.
          If you have a meta tag you must also have the same word(s)/phrase used as text on the page.
          It's a waste of time if you don't and you can actually move down in the SERPS for doing this.
          "Content is King" is a term you will ofter hear. Without having adequate text (200 words) using your main search word or phrase no one will ever find you other than a search using the full URL of your site. Possibly this doesn't matter to you?
          If it does matter think about modifying your page.
          You may find parts of this useful.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

If you go on google.com and put in my domain into the search bar it says 'Untitled Page'.

Comment

That's because Google hasn't re-visited your page since you've corrected the problem.
              Patience....it could be weeks before the bot visits again or a few hours.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
                Ok, I see your meta tags.
                You should limit tags to 25.
                If you have a meta tag you must also have the same word(s)/phrase used as text on the page.
                It's a waste of time if you don't and you can actually move down in the SERPS for doing this.
                "Content is King" is a term you will ofter hear. Without having adequate text (200 words) using your main search word or phrase no one will ever find you other than a search using the full URL of your site. Possibly this doesn't matter to you?
                If it does matter think about modifying your page.
                You may find parts of this useful.
                Does a logo with text or links with alternative text count as text words?
                i do want people to find me. I can't open the link you sent me yet. I have a block on this computer. I'll check it out when I get home.

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
                That's because Google hasn't re-visited your page since you've corrected the problem.
                Patience....it could be weeks before the bot visits again or a few hours.
                Oh! Can you tell the bot to hurry up? j/k Thanks for letting me know I must have published my page a hundred times trying to get it to show.

Comment

don't use 'Major League Soccer Blog' in your keywords or your page title. In your page title lose the word 'blog' from the end, this is not a searched phrase.. and this is valuable space up here and think about adding two or three more key phrases up there too (again, with some research). and limit your keywords in your meta tags to 3 or 4 maximum.. not 25. But research them first, don't just make them up because you think people are looking for these phrases...
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                    don't use 'Major League Soccer Blog' in your keywords or your page title. In your page title lose the word 'blog' from the end, this is not a searched phrase.. and this is valuable space up here and think about adding two or three more key phrases up there too (again, with some research). and limit your keywords in your meta tags to 3 or 4 maximum.. not 25. But research them first, don't just make them up because you think people are looking for these phrases...
                    Thanks!

How's this: mlsnet,major league soccer,mls soccer

That's exactly how I put it with no spaces between commas. I used mlsnet because this is the main website for Major League Soccer:
                    mlsnet.com

What do you think?

Comment

Yes those are all searched phrases relevant to your website, however as mentioned earlier you MUST also ensure those phrases are also on the page you are keywording (in this case your index page) and not just 'thrown' on there but properly constructed and well thought out paragraphs of text with those keywords in there, several times each. It's complex and time consuming to go into the 'exacts' on how much text, how many times you repeat key phrases etc so do some reading up on it from a reliable source to get the answer to those questions Nice looking site btw
                      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ok. So I'll think of something to write using those keywords. It's going to look like I missed putting in spaces if I put mlsnet unless I refer to their website.
                        1 - If I use mlsnet.com in a paragraph a few times, would it work?
                        2 - Do links or logos with keywords count or does it have to be just regular text?

Also, on the title I just noticed you said add in a two or three more key phrases.
                        3- Does it matter if I use caps?
                        4 - Should I seperate the phrases with something like a comma or a dash?
                        5 - Would this work on the title? Major League Soccer MLS MLSnet

I can't thank you enough for your help. I'm glad you like the site, I'll probably change it 100 more times before I feel it's just right.

Comment

Originally posted by whcomics View Post
                          Ok. So I'll think of something to write using those keywords. It's going to look like I missed putting in spaces if I put mlsnet unless I refer to their website.
                          1 - If I use mlsnet.com in a paragraph a few times, would it work? You don't have to use the.com bit.. you could say in a sentance '... on the mlsnet website...'
                          2 - Do links or logos with keywords count or does it have to be just regular text? If the logo is a text one then it can get picked up yes. However you need to use a web-safe font if doing this.

Also, on the title I just noticed you said add in a two or three more key phrases.
                          3- Does it matter if I use caps? Don't think It makes any difference
                          4 - Should I seperate the phrases with something like a comma or a dash? In the page title seperate with a comma and a space like you would in a normal sentance.
                          5 - Would this work on the title? Major League Soccer MLS MLSnet
                          Major League Soccer, MLS, MLSnet

I can't thank you enough for your help. I'm glad you like the site, I'll probably change it 100 more times before I feel it's just right.
                          Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                          X