Can't Paste in HMTL code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Paste in HMTL code

I am trying to add a Google Analitics code into my pages HTML code. Google says to copy snipit and paste just before the closing </head> tag. I open my pages HTML, find the </head> tag, but it wont paste? Do I have to actually type the code for the tracking snipit? I have done this before for another tracking code, but can't for this.
    Thanks,
    Tom
    Driveway entry gates and iron work company that offers complete entry gate design, fabrication, and installation with top of the line gate operator systems.

Re: Can't Paste in HMTL code

When you open your page HTML are you trying to paste it in the upper portion before the </html> ?
    ex:
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

If so you're doing it wrong. Paste it in the bottom portion where the tabs are. Click on 'between head tag" and paste it there.

Comment

After cutting & when doing a paste, try left Clicking on the area to paste to & press "Ctrl V" .
      I sometimes get my paste wont work.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I can paste it in the bottom portion, but Google says to put it "Jut before the closing </head> tag, and using the tabs below does not put it there? is ther another way?

Comment

When you paste it in the bottom portion you will see that it also shows in the upper portion. Click OK and you're done.

Comment

I think Ornametals means it can't be placed precisely before the </head> tag. If that's the case, use the Between Head Tag (as Paulk2 suggested) because that will likely work just fine.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks Tom and Paulk2, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X