Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering my site to a new owner...

Hello,

I need to transfer one of my websites to someone else who wants to run it on different software (not Bluevoda). They are asking me to send the pages HTML files or PHP files.

How can I do this? Do I send them the files as a bluefoulder file like I would save them on a CD when I back up??

I think this won't work and that the new guy is thinking I have actually written the pages in HTML which I haven't....

OR - Is it possible to somehow get the HTML coding for the entire page and give it to him??

What to do?!
    Sally
    www.weddingbookerslakecomo.com
    info@weddingbookerslakecomo.com

Re: Transfering my site to a new owner...

Download the entire folder (public_html or other, if addon domain) from the server, together with images and deliver them.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you.... I have no idea what that means though... Please feel free to talk to me as if I was completely stupid and give me step by step instructions telling me where to go and what to look for. I do really apreciate your help, I just don't know what I'm doing!
      Sally

Comment

You will need to connect to your site with FTP. Then you can download thes files from the server and store them in a specific folder on your computer (prepare it before you start, name it, in example, "server_files".

Drag (with the mouse) the files from the sierver to your local computer folder.

To see how FTP is used pls read this:

Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

OK, I'll give it a go! Thank you so much for your time xx
          Sally

Comment

Navaldesign (or anoyone else!) - I have managed to go into the BlueFTP manager. I have transferred the files over to the right hand side in a new foulder. Now I don't know what to do again...sorry! Where do I go now? I can see them in the Control manager 'File manager' but don't know how to transfer them onto my pc. I think they are on the server at the moment but am not sure. In File manager they are showing on the left... Please help!
            Sally

Comment

In Blue FTP, the left side of your screen is your computer, the right side is your server. You dragged all of you computer files over to you server by the sounds of it. Create a folder in your computer, name it maybe 'my site" or anything you want. Open Blue FTP and on the left side, navigate to that folder you created in above, have it open on the left side of the screen. Log into your server and move all files pertaining to the website you wish to sell to the left side of Blue FTP
              I do hope the website your transferring is not the URL that your account is based on. If it is, you will need an account reset from Voda Host
              Dave Van De Cappelle
              www.aSimpleLife.ca
              www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

Working...
              X