Rating Software ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rating Software ....

I would think this would be up Naval's alley being it will most likely involve some simple script but by no means am I narrowing it down to only him.

That being said, what I need is simple in theory and I know that there are many free scripts available on the internet that would do roughly what I need, however, I dont really want to take the chance uploading script to my server/website from someone that I do not trust, know, or that may or may not accomplish what I have set in mind and possibly be a security issue.

That being said, this is what I require. I want a SIMPLE star rating system, possibly either 5 or 10 stars. I paid 97.00 dollars for xCommentPro only to find out that what it does is not really what I need. Basically, to me, a waste of money.

If you look on this site here you will see some companies which I am affiliated with, a small percentage of the total Companies. Under these Companies you will see some white space. In this white space I would like to have two rows of stars. The top row, a permanant star rating that I supply. The row below will have the row of stars in which visitors will be able to rate these companies the same as I did. My only real "demand" is that the visitor is only able to rate the company ONCE to avoid spam voting.

The "catch" is that the visitor will click the icon of the company and be taken to a page created by me which will house the companies products. It is on this page that the actual rating will take place BUT the results of the ratings will appear under my ratings on the previous page as mentioned.

For example:

Visitor goes to this page and sees the ConAir Logo and under that logo sees my (Non-changing) rating. Below my rating they will see the overall (averaged) rating of everyone that had previously rated ConAir in the past. The Visitor can not rate ConAir themselves from this page but must click on the ConAir Logo which will take them to a page with ConAir's products and only then will it allow the Visitor to rate ConAir and have the rating tallied in with the other visitors ratings and displayed on the previous page as mentioned. I am thinking that I would like a 5 or 10 star rating based on a few different variables (shipping, price, etc.) producing an overall averaged rating displayed by the stars.

Sorry this may seem a bit long winded but I prefer to make myself vary clear of my wants. If this is something that someone can do I am willing to pay for this service. It seems that what I require wouldnt be too terribly hard and should be relatively simple for some of you well trained Voda Host Approved Freelancers.

Please let me know your thoughts and prices on this mildly customizable script. (All rating factors remaining the same except the name of the Companies changing as needed.)

- Regards, JRPC

Re: Rating Software ....

You have mail.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your speedy reply Naval with your quote, however, currently it is a bit outside my budget. I am not stating that you over priced me, simply stating that at this stage of the game I dont have that much to spend on a small portion of the overall work that still needs to be done to my sites.

I am not currently generating income from these sites because they are not complete, I know it is my fault, but alas I am but one person. Others in my company handle different areas of the business work but I am carrying the brunt of it.

I may have to resort to using the free AJAX script I mentioned earlier until I can justify going farther into the red by hiring you for your services.

Again, I have seen your work and know of its quality but it really boils down to a money issue at this point.

I will keep you in mind. If I find a free rating script that will fit my needs and budget for the time being are you willing to adjust your quote in order to help me implement it into Blue Voda?

- Regards

Comment

As I said, this a script that is created ONLY FOR YOU, and requires 8 - 9 hrs of work, (3 - 4 database tables plus a full database interface to manage these tables) so it has the cost of these 8 - 9 hrs of work.

I'm sorry, I don't modify third party scripts, as it might require more time to understand, modify and test than actually create one from scratch.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I understand the customization and work involved Naval and have no quams with your pricing. With the many other expenses I currently have however it is currently not "in the budget" to justify the expense for such a "small part" of the overall plan for the business.

I will get ahold of you once again in the future when budgetting allows.

Thanks for your time and understanding on this matter.

With all due respect ......

- JRPC

Comment

Working...
          X