Links moving when previewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links moving when previewed

Some of my page links and one external link is moving to the left when I preview. I can't find any reason for this since most of the other links are not moving. I have tried moving the links around a little, but no change. Please help.
    my site is www.ornametals1.com This is how it should look. The links that are moving are the "Custom Gates", "Security Gates", and "Standard Gates" and an external link at the bottom of the page www.mylovelaunch.com .
    I don't know how to attach a screen shot so any help there would be great too.

Re: Links moving when previewed

If we can't see what is happening, we can't be of much help.

To post a screenshot here you need to create the image and upload it on your site. When done, you can post it here using the URL of the image
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Links/text can move because of the different rendering of text by different browsers.
      Usually, by adjusting the width of the text box a bit wider you will resolve this problem.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Ok here are links to the screen shots showing the problem with the links.

The yellow arrows point to the "moved" links. It has now started moving graphics (my logo) and html links?
        As you can see from my index page (www.ornametals1.com/index.html) it was fine, but now there seems to be a glitch.
        Thanks in advance
        BTW Carbon Terry, tried extending the text boxes where possible, no change.

Comment

Almost certainly, the issue is caused by an unclosed <div> tag in your page code, due to third party code you have added in BV

Start removing, one at a time, HTML boxes or code added in the page or the objects HTML, until you find the problematic code. I believe it could be the "email us" code, but you need to verify yourself.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You nailed it Navaldesign! It was the "email us" that was shifting everything. So what is the best way to add an "email us" button or link without causing this problem.
            here is a copoy of the html code for the button:
            <FORM>
            <INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="E-mail Us" onClick="parent.location='mailto:ornametals@bellso uth.net?subject=iron work&cc=you2@youremail.com'">
            </FORM></div>
            is it wrong?

Comment

<div>
              <FORM>
              <INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="E-mail Us" onClick="parent.location='mailto???@??????.net?subject=iron work&cc=you2@youremail.com'">
              </FORM>
              </div>

Just add the missing <div> at athe start of the code.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X