X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image resizing!-PHP

Hi,

I have a classified car program with an inbuilt imager re-sizer, problem is it will not upload a standard picture straight from a camera.It states that the image is to large..

So at the moment i must re-size in another program and then upload to my classifieds program which in turn changes it to 1 main picture(big) and thumbnails for the rest..This is cheesing of customers as they need to use 2 programs just to upload a picture to my classifieds program..

The program states that
    "The value is accordingly to memory _size value that you have in php.ini. In usual cases(default), the memory_limit is set to 8M,which allow you to use images at about 5ooKb"

Yet this program does not let me upload standard camera pictures of a car! I must resize using another program then upload to the classifieds which really defeats the purpose of having a resize program in the first place..

Any advice members? Can i change something in control panel(PHP) to increase the upload feature i have now??

Thank you to any reply's helping out!
    Dale

Re: image resizing!-PHP

No.

But you can provide your Visitors that may not have any suitable software with a simple tool to re-format images they submit to you (and your specified max dimensions) ... why not simply provide a download link to the PixResizer ?

Doing this not only simplifies things across the board, it also establishes something of a universiality for submissions that eases the variable issues that come from such a hodgepodge of submissions .... this is not so much of a size thing as it is a file reduction issue, which PixResizer will in fact do automatically, even if keeping the image the same size.

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili,

That's exactly what i'm using now. Please understand i must compete with the heavy weights or i will loose out to them.

In other words,when you go to "Top" car sites and upload your car picture, that's all you have to do..upload your standard picture and there program does the rest..Rather then using 2 programs for the same outcome!!!

I did come across 1 site that you must use another program to resize your pictures before you may upload them..Well, lets say he's not doing to well!!

Anyway thanks for that Vasili and lets see if anyone else wants to ad to this discussion..

Cheers Vasili,
      Dale

Comment

You can increase the memory_limit temporarily, for the time (a few seconds) of the upload, without violating the VH TOS as this is not a critical server resource . This is doable with a local php.ini file (which is allowed in VH accounts) placed in the same folder of the uploader/resizer script.

In some VH accounts the the memory limit is (by default) 32 MB, in some others 16. 32 is the most common.
        So normally you should have no issues with big pictures.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X