Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Download/recover pages from server hosting?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download/recover pages from server hosting?

My hard-drive died today, so I lost my working BV files for my website. I am attempting to download/recover the files from the server for further work and storage.

I have attempted to use BV; File- New Page- Open From Existing Page but this seems to lose formatting and items; including page size, page settings, nav bar and some buttons.

Is there another, more effective, way to recover my pages from the server that will keep them intact for editing with BV?

Many thanks,
    Andy

Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Re: Download/recover pages from server hosting?

No.
    You will need to recover your images from the server also (by using either BlueFTP or via File Manager in your cPanel) to create a new 'source' folder on your hard drive to re-introduce them onto your pages to re-establish the paths in order to publish completely.

You don't have too many images in your website that replacing them with exact sized and pre-formatted images will prove to be a major inconvenience as would it be for so many others that have had to utilize this process ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks. What about the missing buttons and nav bar?
      Andy

ScubaTech Philippines

Comment

Hmmmm .... they SHOULD come with the rest of the page, but usually come scrambled from the original position. At least they did for me when I had to resort to the same method.
        Maybe try "Viewing Source" of your online page and copying it to Notebook as a page HTML file, and then maybe pasting the code directly into your Blue Voda page (PAGE PROPERTIES >> PAGE HTML)??
        I don't have the absolute answer, Andy, as this is the first time in how long that this was voiced?

(Knowing me and my history using BV back in the day before there was a even Clone function, I would probably just clamp my jaw and dive in to re-create things manually, since I would have to re-publish my pages anyway, and use the session to implement other "updates" at the same time)

Comment

At the moment I can't see your site so I don't know if yours was a nav bar or a menu bar.

A Nav bar is imported, although it is imported as simple images, and without mouseover effect (because the mouseover is done with Javascript, which is not imported).

A Menu bar is not imported at all, as it is Javascript based.

Any css, Javascript or PHP code will be completely ignored.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The 'working' link to his site is in his Signature > ScubaTech Philippines

And see? That is why it would be easier to me to just re-create manually and duplicate easily site-wide as I updated!
            Nice to have an 'official' explanation!

Comment

Pages need be recreated, as you stated. However, importing them will make life easier with text, images, and general layout as you have clear reference points already put in the right position automatically, when importing.

The BV built in functionalities, instead, are all lost and need be recreated.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X