X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing another domain

hi

hi i need to add another website to my add on domains my question is how do i edit it. as at the moment i edit my current website from my blue voda icon on my desktop which is real easy, but how to i open the other domains in the same way with all the tools from bv. i can edit it from the control panel but only to change words, i cannot see the layout of the page. many thanks for any advice and i hope you gett he jist of what im trying to explain.
    Debby

Re: editing another domain

When you create another site you will have clicked on the folder icon at the top of your BV window & created a new folder for your new site & named it ????????.
    Your new sites pages should be saved in this new folder.
    If you want to access this site from your desk top, just drag a file or folder onto your desk top.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

many thanks for the speedy reply, also do i have to upload all the files into the root directory first from the control panel. the programe is the open reaalty im hoping this is going to be as easy as i have found bv but just stuck on the first step where and how to put all the files in the right place. many thanks debby
      Debby

Comment

NO! Your files should be published/FTP to public_html/new-site-name/ if you publish to the route directory, you will overwrite your existing site if the pages have the same name.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hi thank you you saved me making a big error then, does it make any differece if i have downloaded directly from fantastico or direcly form the open realty website. as i have downloaded from realty website as they had the updated version fantastico didnt have. many many thanks
          Debby

Comment

You might actually be better off. But most programs have the facility for updates when needed.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X