PayPal Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Questions

I wish to add PayPal to my site but am confused about a couple of things and hope someone is able to clarify:
    I went to paypal.com and used their tool to create a custom html button. I added this button to my site.
    When I click on the button, it takes me to the paypal site and allows payment either thru paypal directly or with a credit card.
    My questions are:
    1. How does Paypal know to send the money to my account since it never asked for any of my account information?
    2. If the customer pays by credit card, who pays the credit card fee?

Thank you for you help.
    Parris
    www.polkcountybikeclug.org

Re: PayPal Quetions

Normally PP would ask you to verify your account. When you verify an account, PP will send a small amount of money to your bank account that you will intern log on to your PP account & verify the amount they have sent.
    So have a look around your PP account & see if there is a verify link.
    Have you also added a bank account?
    Some more help here.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Also too paypal knows this is your button since you created the button in your paypal account, paypal knows that is your button, also .. your funds will go to your paypal account and remain there until you decide to do something with them, either use them through paypal or transfer to your bank account .. all of this gets set up in your own paypal account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by parris View Post
        I wish to add PayPal to my site but am confused about a couple of things and hope someone is able to clarify:
        I went to paypal.com and used their tool to create a custom html button. I added this button to my site.
        When I click on the button, it takes me to the paypal site and allows payment either thru paypal directly or with a credit card.
        My questions are:
        1. How does Paypal know to send the money to my account since it never asked for any of my account information? Creating a PayPal Profile and creating a Button does not complete the process of fully REGISTERING YOUR ACCOUNT with PayPal ... follow the instructions in your ACCOUNT Dashboard to set up all that is necessary to do business with PayPal (associate a bank account, verify the account, etc.).
        2. If the customer pays by credit card, who pays the credit card fee? You do, as a discount to the funds accepted when you APPROVE FUNDING (transfer to your account from the escrow account PayPal establishes).

Thank you for you help.
        As you are from "The Show-Me State" you need to become fully aware of the requirements and processes PayPal has published on the website regarding your "Account" ... How To Get Paid, etc. Do your due diligence.

Also, the link provided to PayPal above is for the UK and has different Terms and Processes than intended for you being from Missouri .... you need to use www.PayPal.com and to Logon and navigate to MY ACCOUNT to find the next steps PayPal asks of you to complete the Account Profile Process.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: PayPal Questions

P.G. --

As Secretary of a 501c(3) Non-Profit Organization, you will likely be the one that will need to officially apply for a Non-Profit status account at PayPal (since it seems you are also doing the website), so it is up to you to fully comprehend all PayPal requires of you especially as a Non-Profit .... the whole nature of how PayPal works, payments and funding options, and types of accounts -- everything is spelled out in very easy to understand language at the PayPal site itself.

You may need to propose to the Board the differences in how you wish to govern your relationship with PayPal (there are options as far as how money is transferred, for example), and it would make no sense for any individuals to simply suggest our past experiences without knowing what best suits your organization's needs and requirements. Who would want to put themselves out there by giving "advice" or "suggestions" to be legally liable when it needs be something the organization needs discover and decide themselves? This is why "sourcing" your information directly from PayPal makes the most sense all the way around.

You really should read up on everything that may pertain to your organization at the PayPal website .... I have done webs for numerous Non-Profits, but only after letting them understand fully the choices and then decide (even if I have suggestions) will I set them up on PayPal. It has to be "official" when regarding a Non-Profit, as each has their own financial accounting and processing ...
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X