Sorry if this is a repeat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if this is a repeat.

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but I can't find them within reason in the postings list.

First off. With a dedicated IP, do you also setup a name server with that? (i.e. so that my clients see my company site in the name server instead of vodahost?) If not, is there some other benefit to having a dedicated IP?

Also, who do you use for a domain registrar? I host about 16 websites and like to keep all my domains with my registrar if possible. Is there a discount for not needing a domain name with my hosting account?

When I setup one of my clients domains as an additional to my own, is that website simply a subfolder within my own account? I tend to only like to have 3 domains on one account, but the scripts (such as phpNuke, etc) tend to not like being installed (through fantastico) in a sub-sub-directory. I've had it work with one hosting company and not on another. Also, the stats systems generally don't give stats for the other 2 accounts in those sub-folders, just to the main account.

If there's anyway around these problems, I'd sure be happy to hear about them.

Thanks.

TaKaLi

Re: Sorry if this is a repeat.

VodaHost is not a reseller account, you are not permitted to sell or give
    away space under your account. Please click the below to learn more
    about our affiliate program....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
      VodaHost is not a reseller account, you are not permitted to sell or give away space under your account. Please click the below to learn more about our affiliate program....
      Okay...that makes sense I guess. Yeah. I have an affiliate account. I suppose I assumed that vodahost had the same features as other hosting companies as far as reselling. Sorry for the mistake. Never really thought about actually using that much space for my website. I don't use proprietary software, just tend to code everything in simple html, xhtml, php and perl. I think my largest website as far as space goes is about 10m. LOL

Can you answer the IP question, though? For those of us who don't know: What are the benefits to having a dedicated IP?

Sorry about the dumb question, but I'm just curious. I'm trying not to sound too much like a moron, but most answers I have gotten on dumb questions have been the sort that end with a snide remark recommending the RTFM option, which kind of makes customer support pointless.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

A dedicate IP is a requirement if you have a SSL certificate or if you
        just want one.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X