X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Reset Question

Hi everyone,
    We had to reset our account from scratch and re- publish all our pages. I followed the email wizard to reset our email account and now it does not work at all. Can anyone help me?

Cheers
    Mark

Re: Had to re-set account and now issue w email

Originally posted by marky View Post
    We had to reset our account from scratch and re- publish all our pages. I followed the email wizard to reset our email account and now it does not work at all. Can anyone help me?
    It is expected that you provide a URL to the website in question as outlined in and required by Forum protocol 'How To Ask For Assistance' so your issue can be reviewed properly to determine the specific solution.

You mention resetting your hosting account and re-publishing your pages, and then mention using a "Wizard" to set up email accounts ..... are you sure you are not confusing re-publishing your Contact page (as a ".php" page) with re-establishing the email account in cPanel? There is no "Wizard" to set up email accounts -- it is done manually in cPanel.

Your email Form will not "work" if, after reset, the email address has not been properly created once again in your account on the domain via cPanel EMAIL ACCOUNTS: "resetting" a hosting account clears all settings, including email accounts .... along with any Add-On domains previously created.
    * If applicable, you will have to first re-create any Add-On Domains to the Primary Domain to your account before re-creating email addresses.
    Adding an additional Add-On Domain name to your account
    Creating email accounts in your Control Panel

Be sure you have properly created (with all elements within the boundary of your Form), saved, and published your Contact page as PHP and have also created, saved, and published your Success page as HTML.
    Form Wizard – Creating an eMail Form from Scratch

If you use Outlook to retrieve your email, you will need to delete the previous email account entries and manually re-create them for the proper "new" paths to be re-established. Remember to perform and successfully SEND a Test Message at the end of configuring each email address in order to confirm proper setup. In your cPanel of your hosting account, if you look at "MORE SETTINGS/OPTIONS" in the EMAIL ADDRESSES area for each domain-based emails, in the Manual Outlook Configuration area you will find the assigned Outgoing Server Port that you should use to assure full email functionality in Outlook.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X