This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• files gone and "download from HTML" not working properly

My entire computer needed to be reformatted/wiped due to a virus. A pro backed up my files, but for some reason, I only have old versions of my website files now. The recent ones cannot be located.

I tried to "download from HTML" using the remote option and entering the URL. Any PayPal buttons on the site (and there are several) come through as "forms" as grid-like large squares. When I try to delete them by selecting them and pressing the "delete" key on my computer, BV freezes and shuts down. Every. Single. Time.

Is there a way to fix this?
    TIA.

www.beadlavada.com

Re: files gone and "download from HTML" not working properly

No. Duplicating page files from a remote URL (which is what you should be doing) will not import defined element styles such as for Menus, Links, etc. These will all need to be re-created and re-configured manually onto your BV page before publishing.

Downloading pages from a remote URL source will allow you to delete each thing as normally you would any other "object" on your page, so try re-downloading your pages using this method instead.

You will need to re-create your PayPal buttons with the proper coding either from a saved document you pasted them into as an archive on your system, or directly from the PayPal site (which should have record of them as a "saved button").
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Maybe I wasn't clear. I understand that the formatting will be gone. The BV program itself freezes and shuts down when I try to delete the "grids" that were formally the formatted PayPal buttons. I get a window saying that the program has encountered an error and then the whole thing closes.

Comment

This is the first time I've heard of anything like this before, and obviously it is a "local system" issue, for it is specifically your system that is not working properly. Trial and Error seems to be the only way to pinpoint what is preventing your system from operating properly. Sorry!

Also, I have no idea what you refer to by "grids" that are supposed to be PayPal 'elements' on your pages .... the proper Blue Voda method to create PayPal buttons is to paste HTML code into a BV HTML Box (which has a graphic label on them), and when imported back from online HTML they usually appear as a square box without a pattern (as if being reduced to an "object" like an image would) --- certainly nothing like a "grid." Therefore, it is very difficult trying to imagine exactly what you are seeing, to determine if you downloaded your pages properly, what steps you took or missed, or what it is exactly you are seeing, let alone suggest an accurate solution. The only "grid" in BV that I know of is the visible workpage guide, if enabled.

General troubleshooting steps might help somewhat:

A. You have "allowed" BV in your approved programs, yes?
        B. Download Blue Voda again, re-installing over your previously installed version.
        C. Minimize RAM use during the processes you need to perform, closing other programs running in the background.
        D. You have in fact first Saved the pages ini Blue Voda, correct? Then upon re-opening them, you may be better able to delete things, since they are not "Temp" pages.
        E. And lastly .... you are sure your system is "squeaky-clean." right? If not, you may be experiencing some residual manipulations appearing in the functions of BV (which as a HTML generator is a prime incubator for abberant code to reside).

Free Malware Removal Utility

Comment

the proper Blue Voda method to create PayPal buttons is to paste HTML code into a BV HTML Box (which has a graphic label on them)
          Yes. This is how I added the HTML from the PayPal buttons I designed and saved to my PayPal account.

When the page is downloaded from the net and opened as a '.bvp' in BV, these "HTML squares" of code are being converted to "forms". If I right click them and select "properties", the "form properties" box opens and it lists the action as a PayPal web address. If I toggle to "layout" and check "enable grid", I can get the grid to disappear, but I still can't click anything else on the .bvp page without the program shutting down.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by ophelia_speaks View Post
            When the page is downloaded from the net and opened as a '.bvp' in BV, these "HTML squares" of code are being converted to "forms". If I right click them and select "properties", the "form properties" box opens and it lists the action as a PayPal web address. If I toggle to "layout" and check "enable grid", I can get the grid to disappear, but I still can't click anything else on the .bvp page without the program shutting down.
            None of these processes are normal in Blue Voda: HTML Boxes do not "convert to forms" ... code remains code.

This "issue" is singularly yours, and I again suggest your system either is still infected or your OS was not properly formatted/installed.

Comment

Working...
            X