This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iframes

i have inserted an iframe to display different descriptions for different links.

i have already done this successfully https://www.chrysalis-beauty.co.uk/n...i-facials.html. at the bottom you will see what i have done.

but if you go to https://www.chrysalis-beauty.co.uk/n...manicures.html it dosnt work so well. i dont really know why. there is only 4 links

what seems to happen is the most rescent upload ie if i upload /classic-manicure.html last it will display that page in the inline frame no matter what link i click on. i know it is not cache as i have no cache on my browser to avoid this and to see new pages when im making changes.

can someone please help as i havnt got a clue what is wrong.

thanks

Re: iframes

You should not be using iFrames like this at all .... you have misinterpreted basic concepts of how web pages are meant to be structured and created. You would be better off losing the fascination with iFrames altogether.

Review the Tutorials on how to properly create web pages, link them, display dynamic action, and otherwise create a fully-functioning stable site.

You also have "hidden text" under some of your elements on your pages, which the Search Engines will immediately flag and result in your site being pendalized severly. This should be removed to avoid such long-term penalties.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

this may not be what iframes were intended for but i feel it is the only way i am going to be able to do what i have achieved on the other page without using any fancy gizmos. i went to a seminar recently and was informed that i should keep my site as basic as possible so it can work well with any format.

do you have any suggestions how to do this?

Comment

Keeping a site as simple as possible is a good thing, and is an axiom that refers mostly to layout and design, not the suggestion to use iFrames which are not Search Engine friendly and which are quite unreliable across the many browsers.

There are many other ways to simplify your website design without implementing such a lesser-favored and cumbersome method as is iFrames. Keeping Content composed lucent and optimized is core to this, as well as intelligent and strategic Navigation. But using iFrames? Even Wordpress and most CMS foundations have evolved past them, and no longer include much documentation for using "wrappers" in the latest versions. Might be something to take note of ...

Not knowing entirely what it is you are trying to accomplish does not make it easy to pinpoint a solution for your present predicament, and more than likely, I would suggest a completely different method entirely which you apparently wouldn't seriously entertain.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          I would suggest a completely different method entirely which you apparently wouldn't seriously entertain.
          could you please expand on this

i have many different treatments that i offer in my salon. i am trying to input all the names and descriptions onto each category page. i would like the name of the treatment clickable and once this is done show the description to the right hand side of the name. the only other way i can think of is hiding box's which is a lot of horse work and i would prefer not to do that as even making the slightest of changes can mean more work than should be neccessary.

Comment

Ahh! It's not about proper web-building precepts, but convienent management!

Embedding code onto the pages themselves is much more "Search Engine friendly" and reduces browser confusion, and this can be done "cleanly" by using PHP, not HTML which is what iFrames are based upon.

This being your goal, you should instead focus on applying a method like this > Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

You still need to find your "orphaned text" under the shapes and remove it before you get penalized unnecessarily.

Comment

with the iframes aside can you shed any light on why the links which should display in the iframe do not display correctly even when i type the url into my browser.

Comment

Because they are styled on the page they were created upon, and pages do not "share" styles (or functionality) between them. There is no way to provide navigation from within an iFrame that is truly functional or with governance to pages other than to itself: navigation will always present in the Frame and not "apply" to the Parent page the Frame is configured to display upon.
                iFrames are intended to "display" (usually text or images globally on a site), not function as a "page-within-a-page."

Comment

im sorry but you lost me. too many bogling words.

i mean if you click any of the following links they display in your browser(correct?). why do they all have the same text in the box when they should be all different

Comment

Originally posted by livin' the dream View Post
                    im sorry but you lost me. too many bogling words.
                    i mean if you click any of the following links they display in your browser(correct?). why do they all have the same text in the box when they should be all different
                    Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                    Because they are styled on the page they were created upon, and web pages do not "share" styles (or functionality) between them. Even navigation is "page-to-page" and not symbiotic!
                    I have taken great pains to be as simply descriptive and to explain the basic concepts the best I can: iFrames do not support the type of navigational function you imagined ... the are meant to display text, objects, or other page "views" across additional web pages, but do not have the navigational functions normal web pages do --- which is why they are limited to the roles I've described. You can't get blood from a rock, so stop squeezing!

Comment

Working...
                    X