Audio files and Word Dokuments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio files and Word Dokuments

I am just trying to work with the BlueVoda before bying my website so I wish to ask how do I move an audio file into the page so that it can be published? Secondly, I would like to know if it is possible just to "copy" a word document and place that on a web page without having to write it all once more.

Thirdly I would like to know if members of my family living in various countries and make an e-mail account under my account? Can friends do the same?

Re: Audio files and Word Dokuments

Word: Copy all the text from Word. Iinsert some text in your BV page, double click it to edit it, and then paste the text you have copied before. So you don't have to re-write anything. You can also insert word documents as OLE objects, but there is little that you can do with this.

Audio Files: they have to be uploaded on your site, and then you must create a link from your page to the audio file. The link will look like http://www.yourdomain.com/yourfile.mp3

Emails: Yes, they can. As long as it is a limited number of accounts: Vodahost does not allow public email service
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Just a little add-on to Navals answer - there is an easy way to upload files to your site using the file publisher tool. It's a button on the left hand side of the BV page - looks like a globe with a green arrow pointing north on it. Click it - it opens a little box on the screen which you double click and browse the file you want to upload. The box and file are invisible and don't show on the published page. It just acts like a little shopping bag to carry other stuff that you need to your server.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

And, just to add to Amanda's note, after you have uploaded your files this way the first time, delete the Upload manager, or it will upload the same files again everytime you update your page. Just use it again if you add new files, then delete it again.

Hi Amanda, nice to see you
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you both so kindly, I am getting the picture now and will do some more practicing on building my website before buying my account.

No, it will only be my family that may have the opportunity to make use of the fact as I will be buying the site in our surname which is very seldom and they could take advantage of that.

Comment

DOes the document have to be divided up in page by page if it fills 7 pages or will the program automatically spread it over the necessary number of pages?

Comment

When you put text, the page will spread down as much as necessary if the text is too long. However, for practical reasons, depending on the content of these pages, you may want to divide it in more than one pages. This is something that you decide. If you decide to go for separate pages, make sure to put also "Previous Page" and "Next page" links, as well as a Current Page Number, that will guide the visitor through the pages.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X