Site not displaying in Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site not displaying in Firefox

When I try to open my site in FF4, it will not open...browser stops responding. I am using the php "include" function and with regard to other post I have read here, I do see multiple head tags. I'm not sure what is causing my problem. Will someone please help me with this issue? Here's the index page url: http://www.igwtamerica.org/

Thanks so much,

Preston

Re: Site not diplaying in Firefox

It is not a Blue Voda issue at all, it is a Firefox one.

Seek relief from their support, or try troubleshooting on your own, starting with removing Firefox and re-installing --- over a good, hard connection (i.e. ethernet) and not necessarily over a home wireless net that depends on a modem and router that has not been reset/refreshed for some time ... everything looks fine on my end, so bottom line, it is on your end, and nothing anyone in the forums can "help" you with.
    Dump your brower cache, Temp files, and clean out your system (which most likely has not been done regularly). Do whatever it takes to run clean and to avoid 'app-hang.'
    Sorry, Preston!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re:

Vasili...
      I was made aware of this problem by another user, it seems it is not a problem isolated to my machine. I have subsequently discovered the problem only occurs on one page with a script unique to that page...the BV conveyor belt slideshow. Also, I only downloaded Firefox to see this problem, so it was a fresh instance...not to suggest that precludes a FF issue, but I would like to discuss this further.

I will have friends and associates try to view this page in FF and see if they have a problem. I just thought the FF dialog box indicating the script 83 problem (when I stop the script, the page loads right up) might have been something someone else may have encountered before.

I have learned much from reading your comments here...just need a little more advice on this one.

Comment

Re: Site not diplaying in Firefox

Originally posted by Preston72315 View Post
        Vasili ... I have subsequently discovered the problem only occurs on one page with a script unique to that page...the BV conveyor belt slideshow. I just thought the FF dialog box indicating the script 83 problem (when I stop the script, the page loads right up) might have been something someone else may have encountered before.
        I have learned much from reading your comments here...just need a little more advice on this one.
        Well, I'm not a Firefox expert by far, especially since I have happily been a die-hard antaogonist of Firefox and the lethargic, sloppy code they have developed from the old Netscape base codes for these many years only to pass out like a new drug to get as many users hooked on it being one of the first FREE browsers to be offered .... so when it comes to the technical aspects of Firefox, I am pretty much one to sit back and monitor the discussions and issues rather than engage in the furious frustrations that seem to incessantly pop up (no pun intended). IE, Opera, and Slimbrowser are all much better browsers with almost no issues amongst them, and I pine for the day when Users will finally see the light and migrate to them. But, since a majority of people still use Firefox, we must design our websites accordingly, trying to work around the many flawed views it renders of our pages ..... gone are the days it was common to plaster the "Best Viewed Using Internet Explorer" on sites, having capitulated to the confusing connundrum Firefox represents!

Also, I have yet to find instance to actually use the Conveyor in Blue Voda .... I have relied on various other tools and titles that have performed (IMO) flawlessly and with less cumbersome manner being more unconstrained with regard to "customization" of configurations as it the Blue Voda version, so again, I cannot comment with technical authority.

I must admit I have monitored a few occasions by our peers to bring similar "Firefox" issues to the Forums, but I do not specifically recall a resolute explanation or solution being discussed, or I would most definitely recall it for future personal use and reference. It is, however, by nature still a Firefox issue, just as IE had a residul "pngfix" issue until only recently with their latest release.

General Navaldesign is much more capable of offering an explanation with regard to both (Firefox and Conveyor), as he has the coding background to apply and to make the distinctions more pertinent. Truly, there are very few here that are actually as knowledgable about matters of coding and the innerworkings of Blue Voda as he. Hopefully he will visit the Forums and "find" this waiting, and in the meantime, I will send him a notification of sorts to point him in the direction when in fact he visits next.

Until then, I hope you might find a temporary solution (such as compromising on using Conveyor, deleting it if need be for a while, or using Marquee instead -- it handles images also) and can remain patient until the fix is found.

Comment

Re: Site not displaying in Firefox

Thanks Vasili

I agree with your thoughts on Firefox. I installed it a long time back and was not happy. I only downloaded it new this time because I heard of this problem with my site. I haven't tried Opera nor Slimbrowser. I guess I should view my site in them just to check...thanks!

I will also experiment with the marquee in displaying a conveyor type effect. I have looked at a lot of cool gallery sites, but scared of the code and implementing a little. That being said and for others that might view these comments, I do use a site that has a picture viewer (it does not auto-scroll the pics) and have had no problems with it. I use it here, http://www.igwtamerica.org/AR/BlythevilleAR.php. I just go to the jAlbum site, http://jalbum.net/, create and customized the album and embed it on my page. It has worked fine for me for more than a year and a half. Up to a set storage amount, I believe 30gB, it is free!

Thanks again, Vasili

Please forgive one more novice question...what is IMO? :: In My Opinion

Comment

Hi Preston,

I just tried to open your website using FF 3.6.16 and it would start to open and then script error would come up. When I stopped the script the page loaded. I then switched to IE8 and it opened very quickly.
            Vasili thinks this has something to do with FF and he is probably right but your situation has now caused me some concern with a website I created for my sister-in-law i.e.; www.parentprakopins.com where I use the conveyor belt. I've tested this website with FF, Opera, IE8, and Chrome and everything seem to work fine from my end but now I don't know if anyone tried to get on using FF and had a problem. Would appreciate it if you could check it for me.
            TIA
            Paul

Comment

I posted the invitation for Gen. Navaldesign to visit the issue, but alas ...

Personally, I would just give up trying to fix something that is probably "unfixable" and the source of more frustration than it's worth and simply move on with another tool that may not have the "ease" of installation in a BV page, but with far more features and configuations available in addition to a simple "slideshow" like BV's "Conveyor Belt" .... I'd do a search for a "cross-browser slideshow script" or "free conveyor belt slideshow script," noting the performance in particular in FF. There are tons of them out there, easily installed into a BV HTML box, and they all do the same thing as "Conveyor" but it is always best to be able to check out the proven standards of cross-function.

If you want a richer "photo" perspective, you could always use something like JAlbum, which is available for one-click install thru Fantastico you can simply create in a separate directory and present it on your BV page via simple iFrame (and if need be "layer" BV shapes on top of whatever 'skin' feature you wish to hide), or, go the slightly more involved and much "cleaner" way by using a hyperlink method of auto-population by inserting the special link coding into a BV HTML Box.

You can see for yourself all the rich styles and configurations you can tweak JAlbum out with at www.jalbum.net and keep in mind the easy Fantastico install (if you don't want to install it manually).

Personally, that is.

Just a thought.

Comment

The conveyor belt is a very heavy script and depending on particular situations causes this issue.

I can only advise that you replace it with another script.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X