Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Image View

Hi,
    My website pages are working good except for the image in some parts. I think it's image overwriting, I did everything to resolve this but I can't. Please help me fix this thing.

domain/ws: www.dmcihomesandcondos.com

problem with:
    lavertidistinctfeatures1.bvp
    flairdistinctfeatures2.bvp
    redwoodsdistinctfeatures3.bvp
    royalpalmdistinctfeatures4.bvp
    contactform.bvp

thank you,
    arvin

Re: Wrong Image View

There is nothing wrong on this end, but if on yours, it is probably due to browser cache and browser hang.

1. Clean out your Temp files folder, and dump browser cache. Using PREVIEW in BueVoda a lot tends to add too many pages to your browser, making it hard to "refresh" to see the newest page views properly, especially if those pages are "heavy" with many large file size images.
    2. Get rid of your Page Transition effect, not only because it only works in IE, but that it adds tremendously to the page's file size (which is already strained due to too large of file sizes for your images -- see below), and detracts from proper page loading into browsers.
    3. If you do not have a proper image editor, download PixResizer free from VodaHost to reduce your file sizes on your images: simply open the images in PixResizer and re-save them (maybe updating the image title to a more "relevant" and page-specific one). This re-saving of images will reduce the file size for each, reduce the overall page file size for proper loading, and otherwise improve page viewabilty.
    4. Your site is at risk for being blackballed by the Search Engines for "Spamming Keywords": you have entered far too many times the number of Keywords than the maximum allowed, and barely any of them are truly anchored within the page's real composed textual content. The natural limit for Keywords is 100, but it has been long accepted that it is best to use at least 25 and no more than 30 single keywords, or, 10-15 Key Phrases (2-3 word phrases that incorporate a Keyword) for best results, all of which must actually be anchored within the page's text, and hopefully also in use in Page Titles, H-Tags, and Image Titles, etc. (again, with the reference to page-specific use and how the relationships are made).
    *The idea is to spotlight key concepts (thus "Key Words") that actually appear on each individual page in particular, knowing that the other Content will be valued as well, and not simply listing all the words you hope are picked up that come from the entire site rather than each individual page! This is the "art" of composing web Content that is relevant and "natural" in composition, and then applying the finesse of SEO methods to underscore that subtle emphasis.

Once you get your own system cleaned out and running lean, you will be able to view the site and the changes you make easily, especially remembering to "refresh your browser" after publishing a new page in order to see the newest version loaded.
    Additional Tips to Clear Browser

The layout of your site is good enough to serve you well, but you need to attend to some technical aspects if you hope to allow it to perform in a sustainable manner for any length of time before being de-listed.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you very much and i will do your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin0917 View Post
        Thank you very much and i will do your advice.
        I'm sure you'll be fine!

Comment

Hi Vasili,
          It's still the same, I clear everything but nothing change and before you say that I did it already not once but for the last 3 days. Like renaming the file and images. The exact problem is in the images in the pages but the text content is ok, only the images are overwriting.
          Please check the site Mr. Vasili on the 4 "distinctfeatures" fields of every project.
          Thanks,
          arvin

Comment

Not knowing if the images I am seeing are the correct images, I can only assume you are publishing in the required manner to the proper IP address and hosting account (208.43.222.134), and that it is simply a matter of the new page versions not loading in your browser. If you are publishing to a "retired" server IP, then until you confirm your new IP address (if your server has been updated), you will be publishing to the old account and will not see any changes --- the new IP/server will continue to show the last changes made before the entire account was moved to the new server.

If you do not have the IP you should be publishing to in your version of BlueVoda, then you will have to download the most current version with a more updated IP List and install it over your current installation (do not delete BV from your system, as this will delete all your files along with it -- install it over your present installation).

I believe your issue may simply be you are publishing to an older server and missed the announcement that your server has been updated.

I would Send a Request To Support to confirm your proper IP address assigned for your account (208.43.222.134) and not frustrate yourself until you have absolute information to work with, if need be.

Before publishing, you can do some work on your pages as suggested in this snapshot in addition to the suggestions offered above to make things much easier for you in the long run!

Comment

Thanks for your time in visiting and checking my pages. Actually the page you open belongs to 1.) La Verti Residences, right? the text content is correct but the the images belongs to 4.) Royal **** Residences. Please also check the 2.) Flair Towers, and 3.)The Redwoods because it's also showing the images of 4.) Royal **** Residences.
              All images has different file names but it views the images belongs to 4.) Royal **** Residences.
              Thanks,
              Arvin

Comment

We need to go back further ....

Since this is a new VodaHost account as of April 14th, and you had a pre-exisitng website hosted elsewhere, have you in fact reset the DNS/Nameserver info for the Domain to actually point to your hosting account at VodaHost? You might be looking at the "old" site on the previous host's server.

Even if you transferred the domain to VodaHost or purchased it from VodaHost, you still need to visit the eNom Domain Customer Panel and enter the critical Nameserver information (ns1.voda33.com and ns2.voda33.com) so it is not simply "parked" but actually points to your new hosting account and thus display the "new" website you have been publishing.

The User Name and Password to the eNom Domain Control Panel is separate from that which is established to access your VodaHost cPanel, so if you cannot see this on your "Welcome and Account Confirmation" email, you will need to ask Support for your eNom access information.

Once you get your eNom Logon info, you will need to set the proper Nameserver information according to the Tutorial:
                TUTORIAL: Making DNS changes at eNom.com

*In your VodaHost cPanel, be sure to remove any "re-directs" or Domain Forwarding you may have implemented, so the Domain fully directs traffic to your hosting account as properly configured above.

If after all this you cannot "see" your "new" website and your images are not as you imported them to your pages, and you are in fact publishing to the proper IP (which is 208.43.222.134), and everything else if fine with your Domain Nameserver info, then the reason your images are "switching" on you might still be because the image titles are the same as what was previously "added" to your image folder during publishing sessions prior: the server will recall the last image uploaded (even if you re-name them on your system) rather than upload a new image to your images folder.

I suggest you re-name your "proper" images with completely different Tiles and re-publish to stop the server from presenting the images being demanded by the association link that is created during the publishing process itself: Prior to re-inporting the "correct" image onto your pages, copy them and re-name the copy completely different so when they are imported into your pages once again, they have a different and separatre "path" from your 'source' folder on your system that will be uploaded to the server as a new 'path' also.

When this is done, your pages will "call" upon a "new" image and properly display the image you intend (providing, of course, you are publishing to the correct IP and your browser is free to "refresh" with the new page view).

Comment

Ok, here is what I believe is your problem:

You have created your pages using the "Save As" command in BV.

This means that ALL your images, even those in separate pages, have the same name (something like "bv01025.png").

So, when you publish one page, the images in that page , having the same name as the images in the other pages, will appear in those pages too.

Solution:

For ALL your pages (exept the one you published last) CUT the images and then paste them bac k using the "Paste" icon in the toolbar. This will make so the images are pasted back in the same position. Do NOT use the right click menu "Paste"

For each page, after doing as instructed above, Save, Publish, and Refresh your browser to see if the issue has been solved.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You're right, General!
                    After reviewing all the previous steps to verify proper implementation, this would be the next and last issue to detail: how the pages were created, named, and SAVED prior to publishing so to determine any missing step.

Prior to updating any pages, I would first advise some important modifications to page formatting be made, specifically:
                    1. In Blue Voda, go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > PUBLISH tab > IMAGES section:
                    2. de-select the "Use page name for image prefix"
                    3. select "Include pngfix.h tc which allows IE to properly render PNG image transparancy" ....

These steps together with the earlier suggestion to re-name the images with different, page-specific relevant Titles would not only "upgrade" any SEO effort, but create a new distinction that is fully enabled by removing any automatic re-titling with an image prefix that contributes to the problem presently seen.

If after updating, the User chose not to simply click the SAVE Icon to instead use the FILE > SAVE command, it would preserve the page's updates, and they would appear after being properly published.

Of course, if the User still wanted to not SAVE the updated page using the Icon in the toolbar, he could still replace the page entirely using the SAVE PAGE AS command, complete with the new page format applied, which will then publish properly as well.

It is important to make those two small "updates" to the Page Properties (to not use an image prefix, and to enable pngfix for IE) in my opinion, and to continue to follow all the Tutorials precisely to achieve the predicable results we all enjoy.
                    This "troubleshooting" just goes to show you how one missed step can thwart progress unnecessarily!

TUTORIAL: How to Name and Save your pages in BlueVoda

COMPLETE BLUE VODA TUTORIAL LIBRARY

Comment

Renaming the images is not possible. For user images without effects applied, the name is always that of the original image.

In this case the user has applied effects, so BV has used an automatically created name (bv1025.png) thus the issue.
                      It only happens when pages are created using the Save as to create a new page from an existing one, and then modifying images (valid also for menus)

Generally speaking, using the page name as prefix ALWAYS helps. Although, when using the Save As, it will not be of much help as the image names coming from the same origin page will preserve that page name prefix also in the new pages.

Why shouldn't the "Use PNG Fix for IE" not be used ?? IE 8 and earlier ones can not display correctly png images without it. It MUST be used.
                      Navaldesign
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        I suggest you re-name your "proper" images with completely different Tiles and re-publish ... Prior to re-importing the "correct" image onto your pages, copy them and re-name the copy completely different so when they are imported into your pages once again, they have a different and separate "path" from your 'source' folder on your system that will be uploaded to the server as a new 'path' also.
                        Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        These steps together with the earlier suggestion to re-name the images with different, page-specific relevant Titles would not only "upgrade" any SEO effort, but create a new distinction that is fully enabled by removing any automatic re-titling with an image prefix that contributes to the problem presently seen.
                        I do not understand why "renaming images is not possible" as described (even if a 'shadow' was added to a shape underneath as if to resemble a photograph -- I can get what you are saying about applying an "effect" to the image itself, as in shadow, but to include a border also? I have never had this occur to any images I have applied an effect to ...) .... and why you state using/allowing the image prefix "always helps" when not using page-specific image titles so clearly detracts from contributing any optimization values, when it is such a widely promoted aspect of SEO?

Comment

These images are images to which effects have been applied. If you create / save them locally / import them from scratch, then renaming is possible, but it is 5+ times as much work for each image.

If used as normally (inserted in BV and then applied effects) BV will assign name automatically independently from the original image name . The name will be something like bv01025.png and the user has no control over it. This is why I said that they can't be renamed.

Using the page name as prefix has no effect at all on SEO. If ALT text is properly used, SEs will associate the image to the ALT text thus attributing the correct title.
                          On the other hand, using the page name as prefix, will avoid conflicts in menu button images (which are published as images) when these menus are modified from page to page. That's why it is wise to use it.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

I can understand what you are pointing out, and when it becomes an issue ...
                            I simply try to consistently emphasize the basics of SEO to get the best results, and part of that reasoning means that although it may be more effort required initially, having page-specific titled images, and other elements kept in a folder-within-a-folder thus remain unique to and fully performing for each page: I find it important to keep ALT Text free to add specific text for mouseover display when hyperlinked (for example), and often for extra values to be added.

This in particular makes the slight extra effort to make images truly formatted for each individual page worth the effort overall.
                            To me, anyway!

Comment

Clone will NOT cause any issues, as it assigns new IDs to the page elements thus avoiding conflicts.

I do NOT believe in page specific names for images. You see, there are millions of sites out there, and it is quite possible that someone else has used the same, page specific image name for a picture with a totally different content. The importance of titles and alt text for images is that of categorizing the images and making them available in image seraches with specific keywords. You can achieve this easily with the "Title" and "Alt" attributes, but not with the filename.
                              Anyway, using the page name as prefix, automatically makes the image (only those created by BV for menus and shapes or those to which effects have been applied) page specific. And, as mentioned, avoids conflicts between BV created pages.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X