This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3 Download help.

Hello good people, I have watched the videos on how to allow the download of a file from your site, however, after uploading my example.mp3 file to the public folder and placed a link on my site when people click to download the mp3 the mp3 plays in a different window for the user, rarther then allowing the download of the mp3. I have currently compressed the files in the control panel which allows the download to commence via a zip file, but I would rarther my fans download the mp3 not a zip file as many people still don't know what zip files are. It would be better for my users to download it as an mp3. Any help would be greatly respected. www.darrenwilsonmusic.co.uk

Re: Mp3 Download help.

Simply provide "instructions" next to each "DOWNLOAD" text link (to the uncompressed file) something like "Right-click + Save Target As" which will then allow visitors to download the file normally .... if they click the DOWNLOAD link, it will still play without a player and controls, but there is no other or simpler way:

> Listen Online (To Download, Right-Click +"Save Target As")

I would also advise against assuming that Visitors do not know about compressed files, how to expand them, or do not wish to enjoy the convenience of downloading a Zip file rather than allow a file to slowly download onto their system "unprotected" ..... the individuals that likely will be the most served by a download are the same that will likely play them on their other devices, and this being the case, are quite familiar indeed with the means and methods to deal with files of all types.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Mp3 Download help.

Thank-you Sir.

Comment

Working...
      X