Forms Layout Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms Layout Question

I am new and working on building my site. My question is related to the forms generator. I am wondering if it is possible to change the forms layout so that the field name appears above each field entry rather than to the left of it. This would save space on the site and looks cleaner. Any input is appreciated.

I looked through the forums but couldn't find anything specific to my question.

Sonic123

Re: Forms Layout Question

You can easily create any kind of Form layout whenever you want >> Form Wizard – Creating an eMail Form from Scratch

BlueVoda Tutorial Library
    Complete A-Z video tutorials covering all aspects of building and publishing a website with the BlueVoda website builder.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You can modify a form created through the wizard. After completing the procedure, simply drag the fields where ever you want them. You can also style them and stretch them as desired. Make sure that they still are ON the form area. If necessary stretch the form to enlarge it.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay, I see. Nice, thank you.

Comment

Follow up question...
          If I put a form on my home page, does my home page need to be a php page?

Comment

Yes, your index page, in that case will need to be a .php page or the necessary php code that is added in the page automaticallt will not work and will display on the page as text.

Alternative in order to have your index page as .html (pls reproduce these steps EXACTLY):

1. Create error and sucess page for the form used in the index page. In order for the "trick" to work, you MUST make the "success" page .php . The error page can be either .html or .php
            2. Add, in the "success" page, a small form. Don't add any fields or buttons at all. Double click the form, check the "Use built in form Processor" checkbox, and setup its properties AS IF it was the form you have in your index page. Set, as success page, the page itself. Save and Publish the page.
            3. Now go back in the index page where you have added the form. Double click the form. UNCHECK the "Use built in form Processor" checkbox. This will allow you to set the
            a. "action" : set it to be "success.php" (or whatever else you have named your success page)
            b. Encoding type: multipart/form-data.

That's all. Now when you submit the form in the index page, it sends the data in the success page, where the processor will process it and send you the mail.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Cool, thank you. I'll consider that option, but I'm thinking it's best to just place the form one page below.

Comment

Working...
              X