opening bv files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening bv files

just a small issue that i hope can be resolved.

when i double click a blue voda file on my pc it should open up in blue voda, right?

however when i do blue voda opens up as though i chose to just open up the program. ie. the opening screen appears where it asks me to choose to new blank page, open a file etc.

could somebody tell me if this happens to them and if its just a setting i have to change please.

thanks

Re: opening bv files

No.
    You open Blue Voda to then open a file which was created by and saved within Blue Voda: if you selected the file to be saved elsewhere, this is wrong, and contrary to the detailed instructions in the Tutorial 'How to name and save pages in BlueVoda.'

You need to open the Program which created the code to view the page.

You see the same and logic and 'prompting' in general computing when opening certain file types, as your computer asks "Which program do you want to use to open this file?" Why would you think to expect an exception?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

If the program is not started, you will have the behavior you described.

Once you have opened BV, files will open as normally when you double click them in the Windows Explorer.

If it doesn't please follow these steps:

Right click an whatever BV page. Select Properies, Open with, -> browse to the Programs folder and select BV.

At this point you should have the behavior I described above.

This way you can also open multiple pages at once.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

i dont know what it is but mine dosnt work like that. all the icons next to the file name are the bv icon. so the file is default to bv. i changed this in 'open with' then clicked apply. but when i dbl click the file it still opens as though i clicked on the desktop icon. is there something within bv that i should change or is it something strange.

Comment

I can open files as you describe on Windows XP, but I have the same situation as you with Windows 7. I have a small program (can't remember the name) that makes W7 look and act more like XP--maybe that's a problem. On XP it's nice to highlight multiple files and open them all at once with a single click; I sure miss that on W7!
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
          X