This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static Background

I would like to put a background on my index page that doesn't move when scrolling through the page - my pages are PHP
    I followed these directions I found in the forum but they are not working for me - any suggestions?

Enter the code below into the page properties html area under "Between the head tag" replacing the part in red with your own image that you will of uploaded to your image directory & removing the part in blue if you want a single image that is repeated on the whole page.

<body style="background: url('http://www.collectors-info.com/images/Collector-bird-jackdoor.gif') no-repeat center fixed;">

My image has been uploaded to FTP - I put code in correct area - I want to use a faded photo jpg that I've reduced in size.
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Re: Static Background

Which site - what URL??

Myself not a "coder," I would think that as a CSS 'Style' this method needs to have you add your background in the normal manner via PROPERTIES for this defined Style to be applied to, so if you have not added your background image in the normal manner, try doing so, and see if the newly defined Style properly presents.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

the url is http://www.woodspiritsandleatherartstudio.com its the index page
      I've added the background image in the normal manner and and tried without adding it - works neither way. with the image as background it tiles and doesn't do what I want it to so.
      and now I have another problem there is a line of code at the very top of the page that I don't know how to get rid of.
      Ann

Comment

The code is from improperly establishing your h1 tag (<h1>, </h1>).... most likely you either did not include a symbol, or accidentally deleted the prefacing "<" of the following ">" in the scripted H-Style code.

Apparently pasting in code and getting things to work the way you want is frustrating you more than it seems to be worth --- at this point. You may wish to remove all your advanced formatting and start again from the beginning.

Like I say .. not being a coder, I can't pinpoint the Static Background solution for you, since it seems to have worked for others quite well. Maybe Gen. Naval will visit this and offer some asistance, or you could leave a PM for him with a link to the thread to get his attention ....

Comment

Did you try simply Page Properties -> Formatting -> Background: Fixed Background ?

Of course must also set to No Repeat and the image must be large enough to covr the page.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you both - I finally figured it out then deceided not to do it. but here it is on a throwaway page http://www.woodspiritsandleatherarts...om/aboutus.php
            Put code in"between the head tag"
            <body background="url of image" style="background-attachment: fixed">
            Vasili - I just redid the page to get rid of the unwanted coding. It was good to walk away from it for awhile and come back fresh.
            again thanks for the help on what will probably be the first of many questions - now I have to figure out the contact us form........
            Ann

Comment

You don't need to add any code! BV will do it for you if you select "Background fixed".

That is, IF you ever decide to have a static background.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I must be having a brain fa*t - cause I can't find "Background fixed" I go to page properties> formatting> background - and all I see is color gradient color gradient style and image what am I missing? below this is links and fonts
                if I put an image in I still don't see a way to make it fixed
                help!!!
                Ann

Comment

Sorry, you are right, I was looking at a next-to -come version (not available in public) and got confused.

The code you used (posted above) is fine, it is the same that BV will be adding when this future version becomes available.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

thank you thought I was going nuts
                    Ann

Comment

Was hoping someone else would step up to point that out ... Glad it has been finally resolved!

Comment

Working...
                      X